Potential Entry Level Job for CFA Candidate, NYC, Asset Allocation Analyst

I came across this and thought I’d post, you might have to create an account to apply, job ID is 50686 https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/Client_AIG/int1068130508/en-us/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=123510&localeCode=en-us Position Description PineBridge Investments is looking for a recent Undergradate who is interested in a 3 year position within our Asset Allocation Group. Job Description • Execute model updates required for PM’s to run global asset allocation portfolios • Assist in implementing models & data/write-up updates for global asset allocation tool including efficient frontier, capital market line, manager selection • Maintain financial & quantitative databases and models for global asset allocation • Assist in creating monthly publications. • Additional projects and ad hoc work as assigned by senior team. About PineBridge Investments PineBridge Investments is a multi-asset class global investment adviser with extensive capabilities in alternative investments, listed equities and fixed income, and more than US $88 billion in assets under management. A team of more than 900 employees on the ground in 32 countries have the flexibility to create solutions to meet investors’ diverse needs. Institutional and retail clients are able to invest across a deep and broad platform spanning private equity funds; a hedge fund of funds platform; equity strategies across geographies, market capitalizations, industry sectors and investment styles; and a range of diverse ‘high alpha’ fixed income strategies. Discipline in due diligence and investment approach, and results-orientation, are the hallmarks of the firm. (www.pinebridge.com) Position Requirements Skills • Degree in finance and/or economics with quantitative aspects • Interest level in learning about the global markets • Knowledge/interest level in some or all of the following areas: capital market assumptions; strategic asset allocation and tactical asset allocation. • Team player with a positive attitude • Self motivated • Strong skills in Excel required. • Strong writing skills and Word and Powerpoint required. • Datastream and Bloomberg experience a plus. About Us Chartis is a world leading property-casualty and general insurance organization serving more than 40 million clients in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. With a 90-year history, one of the industry’s most extensive ranges of products and services, deep claims expertise and excellent financial strength, Chartis enables its commercial and personal insurance clients alike to manage virtually any risk with confidence. For additional information, please visit our website at http://www.Chartisinsurance.com. At Chartis we support and encourage a diverse work environment. EOE.

Nice post…looks like a great entry level position. I wonder what the compensation would be.

no idea… and i also wonder why they only want the person for 3 years. I was thinking, maybe we should start a thread with all potential job postings that may be of interest to the community!

i bet this pays 50-60k + 0-20% bonus. basically pick managers by running their return stream again macroeconomic factors and asset classes and interviewing them. not a dream job if you went to Harvard

oh let’s not start up with this. Plenty of people are unemployed and desperately seeking work, any work. This looked like a good opportunity for someone. why trash it?

its not a bad job for somebody 0-3 years out of college with level 1 under their belt from an non target school. take the job and pass the cfa in that 3 years. hope for a 50% pay bump afterwards.

This looks good. Ya def. not for a Harvard Grad, but perfect for someone like myself.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i bet this pays 50-60k + 0-20% bonus. So basically up to $72,000 for someone with no experience in the worst job market since the Great Depression.