Interview with DOR

Guys, Have an interview with the DOR early next week. What should I expect and what do I need to read up on ?

Department of Rehabilitation? Are you helping drug addicts overcome addiction?

Department of Revenue? What’s the position?

DOR = Director of Research Interviewing for an ER Associate position

Your interview with the DOR will likely be pretty behavioral. Things that senior investment professionals look for are the following: - Do you know what equity research is? - Do you understand the industry model, and what specifically is taking place at our firm that enables us to stay ahead of the curve? - What are your short- and long-term goals? - Are you someone they would feel they could confidently put in front of salespeople, traders, and external clients? - Are you a polished and thoughtful individual? The interview shouldn’t be that challenging from a technical perspective, but make sure to stay relaxed and just be yourself. It’s much better to err on the side of being humble rather than too bold. These guys have years – often decades – of experience in the investment business, so know your role. Portray yourself as hungry, driven, collaborative, and composed, and you should be OK if you’ve made it this far.

Search all of the other interview threads - there are some great ones out there.

res420 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, > > Have an interview with the DOR early next week. > What should I expect and what do I need to read up > on ? Lol, so much description for us to go off of.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > - Do you understand the industry model, and what > specifically is taking place at our firm that > enables us to stay ahead of the curve? Not the easiest question…what should the answer look like?

Tough question to answer, so hopefully you can get a sense of what’s happening at the firm by asking they guy first.

phils23 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > - Do you understand the industry model, and > what > > specifically is taking place at our firm that > > enables us to stay ahead of the curve? > > Not the easiest question…what should the answer > look like? It’s a good question to ask anyone that’s a little less senior, like another associate or VP; senior management expects you to know the high-level stuff. It’s not necessarily because you’ve ever done that work, but it’s just the type of stuff they think about every day…so they just expect everyone else to be on the same page, even if it’s not everyone else’s responsibility to be thinking about it. You just have to do your digging…just don’t walk into an interview without knowing what’s going on in the business unit.