Baby, you my everything, you all I ever wanted! What is your best investment!?

Lets not do percentage. Lets talk about the most dollars gained! so this will be what made the majority of your net worth! anyways for me the biggest dollar gain ish the S&P 500, almsot 35% of net worth! all in 401k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgs4y8gGOZo

We could do it real big, bigger than you ever done it You be up on everything, other hoes ain’t never on it I want this forever, I swear I can spend whatever on it ‘Cause she hold me down every time I hit her up When I get right, I promise that we gon’ live it up She made me beg for it ‘til she give it up And I say the same thing every single time I say, you the fuckin’ best, you the fuckin’ best

also this type of girl:

Sweatpants, hair tied, chillin’ with no make-up on That’s when you’re the prettiest I hope that you don’t take it wrong

WTW 2 weeks before Oprah bought in.

oh wait, total dollars… AAPL

Professionally or personally?

What I consider my best investment and what you’d consider my best investment are 2 different things. For me, my best investment was buying shares of DDD for ~$5 and selling during the bubble 3d printing stocks had. A family member had just passed away and I inherited some money. Being the a naive kid who didn’t know a damn thing about investing, I put a significant chunk (33%) of that in DDD… I sold around $48…

looks like nerdy not top 1% of AF :broken_heart:

allright let me redraw the rules of this game. what is essentially the largest position of your net worth. and what percentage is it? spy, 35%.

to me the best investment is something that appreciates, is scalable, and somethign you’re comfortable holding. so this is an invesrtment you’ve held for a long time, has apprecaited a lot, and will be the largest position you have.

My best investment is ownership in a family business.

Best single investment in terms of dollars? I bought my current home in 2010 when prices were still very depressed. Big house in a premier neighborhood. It’s appreciated nicely since then.

But, are we counting home equity in our net worth?

So Nery made like $300 on SPX?

65k gains. not includign the tax benefits and the appreciation of tax benefits.

house is prolly largest percentage gain for most. due to leverage and if you include imputed rent. its prolyl 25% of my net worth

How are you going to make $1 million and retire at this rate? Do you need a referral for a financial advisor?

Can I buy the tax benefits?

jumon guys! lets focus on the question. what is your biggest position right now? im just curious to see what the elders of af love to own! ohai you have mentioned a mil in vanguard. is this after tax or pre tax? i imagine its your largest account. whats the largest position? how do you divy it up? do you do indiv stocks? you on margin? longest holding period? average hoildign period?

teach me greatness.

My largest brokerage account is roughly 2x of my Vanguard account, and I have a more here and there. If that relatively small Vanguard account comprised most of my net worth, I wouldn’t have the level of not giving a sht about anything that can be observed here in general.

I have the Vanguard account because in the hacksaw days when I didn’t know much, I bought a lot of Vanguard 500 mutual fund. Anyway, that account is like 10 years old, and is up over 100% since I stopped contributing to it.

The amount is pre tax, so yes, I will have to deal with that some time later. Holding pre tax gains is a sort of good hedge for life. If you lose your job, your withdrawal tax will go down a lot. So, if you intend to later live off this capital, it is a good idea to not realize capital gains early.

Nowadays, I have convinced myself that the dominant investment choice is index funds with margin. This is much better on a risk adjusted basis than any single stock. The trick is how to get that margin economically.

On Friday and Saturday the club is open until 4am. By 2am I am sober, annoyed, and exhaused but the guys are drunk, stupid and annoying. I literally can’t deal with them. Should be like shooting fish in a barrel but I am just NOT in the state of mind to deal with them at that point.

Here is what I do:

I _ invest _ $20 in a double shot of the 99 proof liquor 99 Bananas. Within minutes I am fantastically fit to deal with all their crap. I push though till 4am… by then I have turned that $20 into $200. That is a 1000% return on investment. Beat that peeps!

I’m not sure about your math there.

Ack 99 bananas

Also, that’s more like working, not investing. That’s like saying I pay $10 for lunch and earn $100 in the day, so I made 900% return.

This guy maths.

Ohai… my bane :angry: