Best online brokerage site?

I wonder why no one recommends Tradeking. It’s cheaper than IB according to www.stockbrokers.com

sleepybird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder why no one recommends Tradeking. It’s > cheaper than IB according to www.stockbrokers.com I remember that TradeKing was my second choice when I went looking at discount brokers, though I ended up going with IB (and haven’t regretted it). That doesn’t mean that TradeKing is bad, just that IB worked out well for me. And $2 round trip commissions is a lot nicer than $9 round trip commissions, especially since there was no evidence that IB and TradeKing have any substantial differences in execution costs.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sleepybird Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I wonder why no one recommends Tradeking. It’s > > cheaper than IB according to > www.stockbrokers.com > > > I remember that TradeKing was my second choice > when I went looking at discount brokers, though I > ended up going with IB (and haven’t regretted it). > That doesn’t mean that TradeKing is bad, just > that IB worked out well for me. And $2 round trip > commissions is a lot nicer than $9 round trip > commissions, especially since there was no > evidence that IB and TradeKing have any > substantial differences in execution costs. Don’t you find IBKR’s margin requirements suffocating?

scottrade ($7 per trade ) and $5 for tradeking .

Finalnub Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wellll I went to have a look around and it looks > like the majority of the sites suggested here > aren’t compatible with the tax free savings > account… Appreciate the comments either way! > > Would any of the Canadians here care to make a > suggestion? > > Thanks I use Questrade for both my TFSA and Margin accounts. Commissions are pretty reasonable $5 for stocks and $9.95 for options + $1 per contract. Excellent customer service. The UI is a little clunky and bare bones (no research or anything, at least not that I’ve found) but though school I’ve usually had access to decent research (not that I used it very often).

I hate the fact everytime I want to withdraw fund from Scottrade I have to call them to cut me a check. With Tradeking you can directly initial fund transfer into your bank account.

WTF Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate the fact everytime I want to withdraw fund > from Scottrade I have to call them to cut me a > check. With Tradeking you can directly initial > fund transfer into your bank account. I have an account there too and I agree, that’s by far the worst part about Scottrade.

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sleepybird Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I wonder why no one recommends Tradeking. > It’s > > > cheaper than IB according to > > www.stockbrokers.com > > > > > > I remember that TradeKing was my second choice > > when I went looking at discount brokers, though > I > > ended up going with IB (and haven’t regretted > it). > > That doesn’t mean that TradeKing is bad, just > > that IB worked out well for me. And $2 round > trip > > commissions is a lot nicer than $9 round trip > > commissions, especially since there was no > > evidence that IB and TradeKing have any > > substantial differences in execution costs. > > Don’t you find IBKR’s margin requirements > suffocating? My margin needs are pretty modest. My IRA can’t have options or short anyway, and my non-IRA uses Reg T anyway. I wasn’t aware that TradeKing has better margin deals. Is that true? Or were you just making a general comment about margin?

Does anyone use OptionHouse that can speak to the downsides?

Interactive Brokers, apart from the fees I like their programming interface to extract data and quickly check some ideas in Excel or other tools.