CFA-->CPA question

Posted by: SeanC (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: June 19, 2008 01:45AM ca-cbv-cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bhill, did you end up in ibanking or PM? I am big > 4 Audit as of the fall and want to make the move > after that but I have also looked at the cayman > island secondements or doing a year in financial > advisory after I get the CA before I quit. Cayman > jobs look solid but the variety is non-existent > did the clients get boring fast? > > Mez, same position as you. I did the i-banking > interviews but botching multiples in some > questions and market tanking led me to the Big 4, > which I interned at anyway. I’m not too concerned > about it. Canadian CA is 180 degrees, perception > wise, from the CPA. > what was your gpa in undergrad like? My overall GPA was B+, decent taking into account my school belled to a B and is in top rankings in Canada depending on who you ask or how many Ivey people are around to argue against it lol.

You must’ve went to UofT then?

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To the original poster–two words: career student. > No offense and not trying to be racist, but I’ve > seen too many Asian employees in my firm and at > previous jobs fit the career student mold. The > bosses seem to always look at you as > keep-your-head-down workhorses and nothing more. I > don’t think you’re going to set yourself apart by > accumulating more letters/degrees. I see where you are coming from…but its not like I’m only concentrating on the degrees and THATS IT. In addition to my current career search…on top of it…I’d like to do this to just GET IN.