How to become a grader?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > UAECFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > MrDonadei, > > > > Are you willing to fly to Virginia from Italy > to > > grade the papers? Or does CFAI pay for travel > > expenses? > > > CFAI pays all expenses and treats you pretty > nicely. good to know this non-profit organization is efficiently putting to use their funds. I guess with the increase of transportation costs the last few years, that mandatory purchase of curriculum rule came in handy. Nothing against the graders, but the solution is to have all multiple choice.

fredfunk04 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my Lv3 instructor used to do it it. he said it was > a pretty sweet gig- only grade a few hrs a day, > great networking, lot’s of golfing, but the pay is > not much. most graders take off from work for a > couple weeks to do it. I worked pretty hard and the flight from Westchester to Charlottesville didn’t break the bank. The networking isn’t as great as you might think unless you want to network with a broker from Scottsdale or something. They put you up in fairly generic hotels (e.g., Best Western and provide you with some meals)

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fredfunk04 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > my Lv3 instructor used to do it it. he said it > was > > a pretty sweet gig- only grade a few hrs a day, > > great networking, lot’s of golfing, but the pay > is > > not much. most graders take off from work for > a > > couple weeks to do it. > > > I worked pretty hard and the flight from > Westchester to Charlottesville didn’t break the > bank. The networking isn’t as great as you might > think unless you want to network with a broker > from Scottsdale or something. They put you up in > fairly generic hotels (e.g., Best Western and > provide you with some meals) “Working hard for your money and nobody treats you right”…

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > fredfunk04 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > my Lv3 instructor used to do it it. he said it > was > > a pretty sweet gig- only grade a few hrs a day, > > great networking, lot’s of golfing, but the pay > is > > not much. most graders take off from work for > a > > couple weeks to do it. > > > I worked pretty hard and the flight from > Westchester to Charlottesville didn’t break the > bank. The networking isn’t as great as you might > think unless you want to network with a broker > from Scottsdale or something. They put you up in > fairly generic hotels (e.g., Best Western and > provide you with some meals) Well, I guess that’s okay as long as it was a charter flight to a remote location and the accommodations were modest . . . LOL

gideon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > fredfunk04 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > my Lv3 instructor used to do it it. he said > it > > was > > > a pretty sweet gig- only grade a few hrs a > day, > > > great networking, lot’s of golfing, but the > pay > > is > > > not much. most graders take off from work > for > > a > > > couple weeks to do it. > > > > > > I worked pretty hard and the flight from > > Westchester to Charlottesville didn’t break the > > bank. The networking isn’t as great as you > might > > think unless you want to network with a broker > > from Scottsdale or something. They put you up > in > > fairly generic hotels (e.g., Best Western and > > provide you with some meals) > > Well, I guess that’s okay as long as it was a > charter flight to a remote location and the > accommodations were modest . . . LOL Ha ha ha… good one!!!