MBA acceptance rates for minorities

naturallight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think if you went strictly by gmat and gpa, the > top schools would be comprised almost entirely of > male indian IT software engineers. > > I think mba school is a little unique in that you > learn so much from your classmates. It’s not like > undergrad where you sit back and listen to the > prof and take notes. Inside the classroom, you’re > expected to be actively engaged and contributing > to the discussion. Outside of the classroom, > everything is a group project. > > This is why the schools look at their classes > holistically. They’re trying to create a class > with as many different backgrounds, work > experiences, and future career goals as possible. > I learned way more from the guy in my class who > was previously in the army and the guy who lived > in africa than from any of the other finance guys. > > > So I don’t think it’s about lower standards. I > think it’s about creating a class that’s going to > have the maximum benefit to each of the students > in that class. +1 Thank you! A lot of folks think it’s all about GMAT etc…couldn’t be farther from the truth. GMAT is important for getting in the door, but if that was the only thing that made a great business school, then HBS/Stanford/Wharton would have average GMATs of 780. In reality they have average GMATs of 720, because they KNOW that you cannot learn buisness from test scores.

Here are my prior thoughts on this issue: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1084916,1085630#msg-1085630