Papa needs a new pair of shoes

Bostonian. Found mine discounted at $100. Decent style and comfortable. My 2 cents from a newb/noob.

A little confused as to what is going on here. How does this private, one-man seller get access to this stuff at reduced prices?

Perhaps he’s a dealer that is accepting a razor thin margin because he’s selling on a forum w/o any overhead, but I can’t say for sure. He’s done one of these sales previously and, I think, all of the reviews were positive: http://www.styleforum.net/t/229174/ic-allen-edmonds-mega-thread-nib-park-fifth-ave-strand-macneil-shell-cordovan/210 With all of that said, I’ve never dealt with this specific seller so I cannot vouch for him. I have however bought (and sold) a number of things on that forum with nothing but positive experiences.

Any way to figure out what lasts fit you without going to the store? I have a couple models I like, but they seem to both be a 5 last which is a really long, thin foot. That ain’t me.

if you dont wanna spend the money to get AEs, then I suggest Johnston and Murphys as a great choice for about $150 a pair.

Not a very good way, that I know of. I think I have one pair on a 5 last and was able to go down 1/2 size and up in width to acheive a very nice fit, but I wouldn’t have done that without trying it on first. Best of luck with whatever you decide. Is the fam doing well?

Buy some gators. Don “Magic” Juan rocks some, and woman love them too!

Just go to Brooks Brothers and man up.

good enough for the bishop good enough for you

Family is doing well. Three boys now. Oldest in K! What’s new with you?

Three boys?! That’s great! How old are the other two? Stopping at three? Things are going well with me as well. Our boy is now three and in pre-k, the day to day development at that age is remarkable.

Yeah three. Ages are 5,3 and 11 months. The wife wants to take one more shot at a girl. I just want some new shoes. You guys done or more coming?

Too funny! We’ll probably have another in the next year or two. If it were up to my wife we’d have started trying for another as soon as the first was out.

I want a pair of those Cole Haan Air Quincy’s so bad!! $168 is a steep price though, although I’m thinking maybe I can work out a discount.