Preparation for Level 1 - follow order

Whatever strategy you approach, just make sure you finish with the readings at least 4 weeks before the exam, that is by the end of October. Amazing how many things fade away in 4 months of studying. Make sure you leave November for complete test experiences and repeating the material and do plenty of questions from the Qbank (if you use Schweser) or PassMaster (if you use Stalla) in the meanwhile, with periodic tests to pin down what you already studied.

Hi I am appearing for CFA Level1 in Dec 08. In this message u have mentioned about Schweser, Qbank, and SS. I am familiar with Schweser and Qbank. What do u mean by SS? Now, is it some new source of reading?

SS is short for Study Session

or for some, secret sauce

I am new to CFA and apearing in Dec. 08. Can somebody tell me what is Schweser, Qbank and SS. Do all these materials come in CFA study kit ?

Kaplan/Schweser is a third party provider for study materials for the CFA exam. Becker Review also has a set of study materials, called Stalla. These are supplementary to the CFAi textbooks, designed to guide students/takers through the CFAi texts, materials provided by third party/outsiders, nothing in common with the CFA Institute, materials don’t come together. QBank is a bank of questions simulating (more or less successful) the CFAi exam format. QBank is a Kaplan/Schweser Product. Becker Review/Stalla has a similar product/ question bank, called PassMaster. SS is short for Study Session, or short for Secret Sauce ( Secret Sauce is a summary of key points within the Schweser materials).