All else being equal, 750+ gmat score + "CFA 1" vs "CFA 2" alone

no one agrees with Vandelay?

Especially if i fail the CFA lvl 2, i would really have no chance i believe to get an internship in London. So what do i have to loose in that case by puting a 720+ or 750+ gmat score on my resume. Maybe someone would give me a chance with an interview because of it.

I score top 1% of a similar test (tage mage) in france to get into my business school, and i didn’t know about nootropics at the time :slight_smile:

So would you put the 750+ gmat score on your resume?

I read it is bad for undergrad students because it shows you don’t intend to stay long at the firm.

So really it is never a good idea to put a gmat score on a resume i guess…

Is a french education even valued in the UK? I seriously think you’re better off staying and networking in France and then trying to manuever a move to the UK branch.

No one is rolling the carpets out for you. You will probably write 200 applications and get 5 calls back, and maybe land one offer, if you’re lucky. Forget the GMAT at this point. The time you spend studying could be better used to put yourself in front of people who can hire/help you.

You also need an attitude adjustment. Some of your responses here are asinine for a guy who’s asking for help.

Anybody that puts GMAT score or Mensa membership at the top of their cv just screams over compensating to me. Too obsessed with creating the impression of being smart than actually being able to put the knowledge they do possess into practice.

I almost tried getting into Mensa for my resume as well. I think it’s a great addition for anyone-experienced and inexperienced. But especially inexperienced

how so? A resume is meant to be self-promoting. How is bragging about Mensa or GMAT any different that bragging about a 4.0 or a great action at your job? The reality is, a resume has to promote you in the best light possible

I will probably pass the CFA lvl 2. Can i not get the most basic internship in finance just from it? (in London)

Then if i pass the CFA lvl 3 in june 2015 i should be able to find something more interesting later. For my first internship i just want to find something, i don’t care what that is.

I may have to do an internship in Paris first, then try to get one in London with some professional experience.

What is so asinine about my attitude? Because i am actually making efforts…

I’d recommend not continuing this discussion and just doing whatever you feel like doing, stop being lazy. If you’re bright then you’ll find a way into the finance industry regardless, and if you’re not, then you may still anyway. Do well in school, pass the CFA II (btw, I’d stop saying ‘will probably pass’, you sound arrogant/flaunting) and apply for a job.

Except the entire world of business students aren’t taking that exam and they are taking the GMAT. If this was a GMAT question it would have been a “weaken this argument” question. I want you to go try now just so you can post your score. You will probably do well, but you come across like a prick when you keep saying you’ll just “knock out these levels of the CFA and score a greater than 750.”

So I’ve been reading this wrong the whole time? I thought you had already scored 750 on the GMAT. But you really haven’t taken it yet?

Well, if you’re speaking in hypothethicals, why don’t you just go ahead and score 800? or 900? Have you hypothetically applied to (and been accepted to) Harvard and MIT, too?

He’s probably going to pass CFA exams II and III (easily, at that), of course he can get a 900 on the GMAT!

imo, any disclosure of Mensa membership should be in the “Interests & Societies” section or whatever you want to call it at the bottom of your resume. never put stupid stuff like a score on a test or membership in a d!@k measuring society at the top of your resume.

i don’t think Mensa membership on a resume is bad as long as it isn’t the core focus of the resume. it should be a something that drums up the interviewers interest and asks you about, thats all. something like: final question: “tell me about your involvment in Mensa”. it shouldn’t be: 1st question “so you’re brilliant right b/c of the Mensa thing? got it. you’re hired!”

With 3 years of poker and average undergrad? What is this, Indian MBA?

I disagree. My resume looks like this:

Greenman72, CFA, CPA, MBA, BSD, ETC

I HYPOTHETICALLY SCORED 950 ON THE GMAT.

I HYPOTHETICALLY SCORED 1900 ON THE SAT. (30,000 RECENTERED)

I AM HYPOTHETICALLY THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.

I HAVE HYPOTHETICALLY HUNG LIKE A HORSE.

ALL MEN WANT TO BE ME, ALL WOMEN WANT TO BE WITH ME.

HARVARD AND STANFORD AREN’T CHALLENGING ENOUGH FOR ME.

HIRE ME, OR YOU ARE A LOSER. AND NOBODY LIKES A LOSER.

^But where’s your work experience Greenie? I’d hire you anyway, experience is over-rated. All these hypothetical achievements have convinced me you’re smart and that’s all that counts.

When you’re as awedome as me, you don’t need experience. I already know everything that is known or knowable.

The very fact that you are still asking these questions is evidence that you do not have the interpersonal skills or eQ generally needed to succeed in a traditional front office role. You may be the exception, but back office for you. Why do you think top MBA programs are not filled with only 750+ gmats? Or investment banks? There are enough to fill the classes for sure. I wish I could offer some advice. Open your ears and shut your mouth is all I got. You are just not getting IT. Screaming “But I’m smart, but I’m smart” does not work very well. You seem to think it does. Good luck with that approach. Prove all of us wrong. The director will not be having you over for dinner.

So I broke into the 700s first try, mimimal prep. Didn’t even finish the math section. My strength, but just hadn’t done that kind of problem solving in a long time and not to mention I was well past my processing power prime, so I was really slow. Never took it again. So if I studied for a few months and scored 750+, you would be more likely to give me an internship? Sounds reasonable.

Or the fact that you asked the same question on two different threads. Or the fact that you keep asking it over and over and over and over and over and over again, no matter what anybody tells you.

Greenman just trolled the OP.

I like it.

Thank you for offering a solution.

Thank you Mr Greenman for trolling and making me laugh :slight_smile: