All else being equal, 750+ gmat score + "CFA 1" vs "CFA 2" alone

He’s not trolling. He’s being honest. You are the troll RR.

@Lxwarr30:

I know Greenman is being honest.

And that’s why you’re the troll.

Someone can be trolling and being honest :slight_smile:

Guy: “I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence.” Other Guy: “I just found the most retarded thread in existence.”

It’s true. I scored a 900 on my GMAT.

Hypothetically. You are not a troll Greenie.

Greenman is a Troll lvl 34. Rahul Roy is probably lvl 55

Thing is I don’t think Greenman does it to elicite a reaction. I actually think RR might just be a smurf of another user. Especially with his bipolar swings from watercooler threads to cfa forum ones.

You can think what ever you want to.

I am what i am.

To troll or not to troll: that is the question.

No matter how good your credentials are, i will always question the judgment of a Cowboys fan.

rahul i told u to check urself b4 u wreck urself

My .02, anyone who uses their GMAT score for any purpose outside of getting into B-school is trying way too hard to overcompensate for something.

I’ve come to this conclusion too. The first two hires I ever made were because they looked smart, but man were they lazy. I’ll hire the hard worker every day of the week now. Finance isn’t rocket science or brain surgery, I can teach anyone how to do it (from a transaction advisory/valuation perspective).

The smart vs hard working question usually comes up in interviews. Lazy people can be a drag on others.

ROTFL. Best post of the day, made the entire thread worth reading!

Oh, Hypothetically only? So sorry for you … wink

I will take smart over hardwroking any day.

Knakoo,

you got lots of valuable advice in this thread.

If you have 750+ on your GMAT, then:

• As a 770-GMAT myself, I confirm: Don’t write it on your CV. You already have to make up a nice story on the poker thing, so you should skip the GMAT question altogether. Read again MK17’s first post.
  • As a recruiter, I confirm: If you’re smart in a useful way, it will show during the interview. If you’re a smart ass, it will also show in the interview.
  • As a connoisseur of the Jouy-en-josas area, I believe you have a chance in London, they know a bit what’s coming from there.

If you don’t have the 750+ GMAT and are only thinking of taking the test, then… you have a serious problem in your head.

In both cases, you should read again all the posts in this thread.

Starting july 2014, i am taking a gap year from my school. Until the beginning of 2015 i will have a lot of free time. My main goal during this period is to find an internship in London starting in january. I plan to take classes of preparation to the CPE (certificate of proficiency in english), from september to december, because my school require me to do something. But this is only 15 hours a week. This will be a good way to improve my english (especially my writing skills). I plan to study the CFA lvl 3 (hopefully) at the same time, so perfecting my expression skills seems like a good idea. As mk17 advised, I will spend time networking and of course actively looking for an internship. I don’t understand the part about “producing samples of analytical work” (i want to work as an asset manager). I also plan to spend a lot of time preparing myself for interviews, because as many of you said, i will have a lot of explaining to do. But despite all this, i still have a lot of free time left. So instead of using all of this free time socializing and going out, reading novels, watching movies, playing poker and overall enjoying myself; i was thinking of preparing the gmat to boost my resume. Is there really something wrong with my head?? Now sorry if it took some convincing that i could not use the only thing that i am really excellent at. Even mk17 said at first that it could be marginally helpful. Considering that i would enjoy spending hundreds of hours studying the gmat, because i think these questions are like games, and this was my one chance to be excellent at something “academic”, this is all a little frustrating…

Three years of poker and now a gap year…I think you need somebody in high fin-nance to bring you along on take-your-son-to-work day. These people don’t stop. Thanks for the chuckle.