CFA Job Opportunities in the Philippines (Salary Question)

Question for Filipinos like myself who have the CFA or are pursuing the exams.

What is a reasonable salary to expect for someone with the following credentials (I’m 25 years old / Male): - BA in Accounting, Management (studied in UK) - MSc in Finance (studied in UK) - Passed CFA Level III - 2 Years Experience in a Finance / Business Environment (worked at a Big 4 Audit Firm) I resigned from my job earlier this year to sort a few things out and am now considering relocating to the Philippines (currently based in London). I am aware that I can’t possibly expect to earn as much as I did abroad as the cost of living and general wage levels are much lower but I still think I can ask for a “good” salary in Philippine terms. I would be interested in jobs along the lines of investment banking, asset management, research, corporate finance, or anything which would allow me to obtain the CFA Charter down the road. I have spoken with a colleague of mine with a more experienced background than myself and they believe something in the PHP 40k - 50k per month range is justified. I believe a salary of roughly USD 1,000 (PHP 40k - 50k) is a realistic expectation for the work I’m looking for in Manila.

I sent in my CV to one company who promptly got back to me implying I was over-qualified for an entry level equity analyst position. They were only prepared to pay 18k - 20k. Even in Philippine terms, I think that’s ridiculously low for this type of job especially. I hope this was just a case of one employer not really knowing what he’s looking for and not the starting salary for those seriously looking to pursue a career in the fields mentioned above. So, any thoughts on a reasonable salary? I know I’m not exactly a manager / executive but I’m not a fresh graduate either. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that Business students in the Philippines (who are serious about pursuing the CFA and partially done with L1 or 2) would settle for 18k - 20k.

Too low. I think with your qualification and experience, you can get job at ~USD2,000 and if you are lucky, you can get job @ USD 3,000+. Had a friend with 1 or 1.5 years experience, left a job of ~USD2,800 in another developing country to go to Philippines to work in a medium size company. Think you can do equally good.

Its been a year since you posted this and if you don’t I would like to know how it turned out for you(im referring to a getting a job in the Philippines).

If 18K- 20K is low for an equity analyst, did you find any other Philippine based company or did you opt for someplace else?

is this true? can you really juss make $12k to $36k usd per year in the philippines as an equity analyst? das crazy low. can you guys pm me. i am filipino too, but moved to the us when i was 10. lets network.

SE Asia is a different environment than the USA. I looked at a mansion on the ocean for like $100K USD a few years back. Purchasing power parity! I would say a good strategy might be to move to Singapore or NE Asia, get loaded, then come back and rule SE Asia.