Classical Song

Piano? Sounds Chopin-ish. Or maybe it’s just because I’m on a Chopin kick these days. Love his piano preludes and nocturnes.

Well, Bach wrote many fugues for the organ not the least of which includes the Art of the Fugue, but something like that could certainly fit the OP’s description. He still hasn’t described the instruments yet, which is somewhat alarming.

Trivia question: Why did Bach have 20 kids?

…because his organ had no stop! *rimshot*

Wait, are you suggesting that it’s not okay to burn a field of small puppies? What if they’re really yappie puppies who pee and poop a lot?

I’m sure Itera has an extra hacksaw or two if you need to shed some small puppy blood.

10 of Bach’s 20 children died. I was thinking about this: how not very long ago it was completely normal for a lot of a person’s children to die. Today if somebody loses a child you think of it, rightly, as one of the very worst things that could happen to anybody. It was the norm a hundred and fifty years ago. There wasn’t even an understanding of microbes or the causes of disease. If typhoid fever rolls through, your kids are going to die and there is very little you can do about it. 3 of Lincoln’s 4 children died.

I think sometimes it’s easy to forget how far we’ve come.

Now, on the song: there are tons of dark classical pieces. Unless the song is something fairly popular and well known, it’s pretty tough to tell what which one is stuck in your head without more info. Maybe interpret the song through another medium, like a drawing, and post it here. That would help.

Seriously. What’s the deal?

I can tell you that right now I’m listening to only one cello. And the song was featured in an Audi commercial a few years back. That’s two really big hints. Can you give us any hints like this?

Canon in D?

beethoven’s 5th?

It’s not a single instrument but i can tell you its not a piano. It was used in a sports commericial fairly recently (i think i may have been nike).

Does this help (NSFW)

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/celebrity/news/twerk-buthoven-twerk

Ummm…since it’s NSFW, no.

It might help after 5:00.

The Pretenders

… all of y’all

So? No more revelations?

Did you try to whistle it to SoundHound?

I never had a silent tune stuck in my head before. Come on, we can do this!

I serenaded three working girls last night with the hopes of finally putting this enigma to rest. Sadly they were unable to help because they were only familar with work post 1850. At least the music that entered their souls for the last time was something of beauty

Bravo. I had to look up what that meant but you now are elevated on my list of respect.

I just chuckled at my desk…

Yeah, this one “wooshed” by me too, until you caught it.

how come it sounds (looks) like lady gaga to me?

Perhaps the latent effect of Hiroshima? The manifestation of the unstoppable, innate action of women to trend to simplistic ideas, or finally, you are a philistine uncapable of contributing significant ideas. Jk, when i come to japan we can have a good time.

Why are you picking on me all the time?

It seems like you rather enjoy mocking my responses, and one would say that my posts are probably SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION to your gratification?

hmmm…