ER - my first 6 mo & why they don't care about your CFA I/II

Keys Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > B) CIA Handbook (if you have a kindle, get the > electronic copy) this things great - its amazing to see nations put side to side data wise i actually used to browse this thing when i got bored…

Keys Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > These resources will help for sector specific > analysis > > 1) > http://www.amazon.ca/Handbook-Canadian-Security-An > alysis-Joe/dp/0471641812/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=12 > 96658449&sr=8-4 > > > > Both volumes used to be (been out of Canada for 4+ > years now) on the desk of most Canadian Analysts; > somewhat dated now but many fundamentals are > basically the same (maybe not so much for certain > industries). Don’t be perturbed by the ‘Canadian’ > in the title; many of the comps are US and the > fundamentals transfer the same; the texts just > have a greater focus on commodity based markets. > > 2) Read tons of industry specific research > reports. Thanks keys. The book looks promising. I’m def reading as many industry reports as I can get my hands on… though it is all so overwhelming. Anyway I can get in touch w/ you?

thekeys007@gmail.com

Careful with Lemmas. One follows another up and up and pretty soon they all run off a cliff. Oh wait… Those are lemmings. But some quant funds are like that too with their lemmas. :wink: Keys Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In addition to the Handbooks, I found these > resources extremely useful: > > A) Financial Times World Desk Reference: > > http://www.amazon.com/Financial-Times-World-Desk-R > eference/dp/0756610990/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296 > 662397&sr=8-1 > > B) CIA Handbook (if you have a kindle, get the > electronic copy) > > http://www.amazon.com/CIA-World-Factbook-2011/dp/1 > 616080477/ref=pd_sim_b_2 > > > After completing the CFA, I wanted to get more > granular, industry/geography specific (was on a > fund) - things not covered in the CFA (this was > before I went the quantitative route with PCA, > Lemmas, C/C++, and all that jazz) > > > Read the Handbooks and the Financial Times WDR > from cover to cover.

Lemmas = Lemons?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Black Swan Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > bromion Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > > > > > > Dude, I can’t believe I used to think you > were > > > cool…have fun at Pirate Capital big guy… > > > > > > > > > maybe the ga yest thing ever written on AF > > > Really Wake? > > wake2000 Wrote: (January 31) > ---------------------------------------------- > >I really wanna see what these guys look like > > > >I mean the muscle men Ha, very gay altogether And I am actually gay!

^ I believe I prompted that homoerotic response from the work-out/study thread, but I only chase the Canadian Beaver after a couple of Molson’s! Will this post push it to 10! :slight_smile:

:frowning: - Not yet

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just to clarify with you all, since his name has > been brought up, Rick Ross is a goof and a PC > cheese eating rat. i agree but he dropped that piff for 2010 albert anastasia, teflon don and ashes to ashes …

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree - lay off bromion. He is a great > contributor to this forum and his posts are > excellent and insightful. He has stated there are > some aspects of the CFA program he likes and uses, > but that overall (given the time required to study > and pass the exams) the program is not that great > for the analysis he uses at his HF. Why is > everybody so angry? > > It is actually nice to hear a differing opinion on > this subject from somebody that has completed the > program. I respect his opinion. I may not agree > with everything he says, but I certainly find his > viewpoint fascinating. Bromion actually made an epic post which was very inspiring a year or so ago. And I think he is much more connected to reality than the average AF cee eff ay fanboy.

Viceroy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > than the average AF cee eff ay fanboy. unless you’re making t-shirts leave me out of it

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bodhisattva Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Just to clarify with you all, since his name > has > > been brought up, Rick Ross is a goof and a PC > > cheese eating rat. > > > i agree but he dropped that piff for 2010 > > albert anastasia, teflon don and ashes to ashes > … Rick Ross last album was insane kid

Keys Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ I believe I prompted that homoerotic response > from the work-out/study thread, but I only chase > the Canadian Beaver after a couple of Molson’s! > > Will this post push it to 10! :slight_smile: …no, but this one will. Page 10! (or not, dammit)

‘diez’ is spanish for ten ‘Rick Ross es tu papá’ is spanish for…

This has to be it

so naive - cant you just click on page 8 and look at the length of the scrollbar compared to the one on the current page. it clearly is not ready for 10 yet, thats not it either.

for you superbowl partiers: BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP 2 [10 ounce] cans chunk chicken, drained 2 [8 ounce]packages cream cheese, softened 1 cup Ranch dressing 3/4 cup red hot sauce 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese Heat chicken and red hot until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and Ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half the cheddar cheese and transfer mixture to a slow cooker.Sprinkle of the remaining cheese over top, cover, and cook on low setting until hot and bubbly.

‘‘so naive - cant you just click on page 8 and look at the length of the scrollbar compared to the one on the current page. it clearly is not ready for 10 yet, thats not it either.’’ Whatever about being naive, its just sad that I am spending my time trying to get a forum to go to 10 pages, maybe this could be it… didnt actually bother checking the scroller bar…

Maybe you could get 11 pages on 11/11/11