Hiring Based on Looks

^^ Similar story, my buddy has an ex colleague that is supervising L2 candidates and she hasnt been able to pass L1. But obviously gets time to go to the gym, hair salon, Bebe, etc.

hot girls IMHO come in a few categories… - riddled with insecurity >> need constant affirmation of their looks, spend all of their time and energy on their looks- gym/ food obsessions/ salon/ tanning/ etc. These are some of the most annoying ppl out there (and there are male versions of this). - blessed with natural good looks >> may or may not fall back on it depending on upbringing. Some go the course of the high school cheerleader married at 20 with no personality/ skills because she was the ‘popular girl’. Others don’t focus on it and seek education anyhow … in this group many will fight against their looks to prevent being stereotypes and some will not. - there is a small set of females that are quant geeks in victoria secret bodies- in my experience they tend to be foreign- i’ve noticed few american women in the upper echelons of business/educational success really embrace their femininity- most do the first lady look. there are more types of course- but those are my main observations…

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > - there is a small set of females that are quant > geeks in victoria secret bodies- in my experience > they tend to be foreign this is the first time i’ve considered the new arizona immigration law as possibly having negative consequences

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > akanska Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > - there is a small set of females that are > quant > > geeks in victoria secret bodies- in my > experience > > they tend to be foreign > Is this like Maria Orlova, the HotForWords.com chick?

i work in big 4 accounting - virtually all the recruiting occurs of kids right out of college - and yes, attractive girls DEFINITELY get offers based on looks…

Hmmm a victoria secret model who is a quant, im sure there is a firm out there had has them. Who knows, maybe there is a firm with ONLY attractive women, that look like they came out of laguna beach, acting as quants.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > - blessed with natural good looks >> may or may > not fall back on it depending on upbringing. Some > go the course of the high school cheerleader > married at 20 with no personality/ skills because > she was the ‘popular girl’. Others don’t focus on > it and seek education anyhow … in this group > many will fight against their looks to prevent > being stereotypes and some will not. > in my experience dating girls that are both attractive and intelligent, i find that they occasionally need some convincing that i respect them as much for their mind as i do their beauty/appearance. i think girls that have the combination of brains and beauty sometimes worry that people think they’re only getting ahead in life because of their looks, and they definitely take umbrage to that. then, as with the case with most girls, they too can be paranoid that you’re only trying to get with them because they’re hot…but often the effect is magnified because they’re equally paranoid that you’re only trying to get with them because they’re smart and successful. basically, when things are good, it’s double the pleasure, but sometimes when things go awry it’s just double the drama. at any rate, i find that a lot of women, even despite the fact that they may be incredibly sophisticated and beautiful, do need some type of approval that you’re not just going to ditch them for an upgrade when one comes along, especially if you’re the type of guy that likes to play it cool all the time. anyway, that’s just my opinion based on my observations as well as the fact that i have almost as many female friends as male friends. would be curious to hear the thoughts of others.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > in my experience dating girls that are both > attractive and intelligent, i find that they often > need a lot of convincing that i respect them as > much for their mind as i do their > beauty/appearance. Sheriff of Rottingham: What? You’ll be mine? You’ll give yourself to me every night? And sometimes, right after lunch? Maid Marian: Yes, but only my body. You can never have my heart, my mind, or my soul! Sheriff of Rottingham: Oh, oh yes! I respect that.

I would advise against attempting to understand the logic that is used by attractive women, as they exist on a different plane of reality. At best your head will explode, at worst you will spend the rest of your life with massive therapy bills as your mind will be forever in a state of cognitive dissonance

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would advise against attempting to understand > the logic that is used by attractive women, as > they exist on a different plane of reality. > > At best your head will explode, at worst you will > spend the rest of your life with massive therapy > bills as your mind will be forever in a state of > cognitive dissonance I agree with you on so many levels.

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would advise against attempting to understand > the logic that is used by attractive women, as > they exist on a different plane of reality. > > At best your head will explode, at worst you will > spend the rest of your life with massive therapy > bills as your mind will be forever in a state of > cognitive dissonance I agree with you on so many levels. They are crazy

As a member of the female species, I will try to demystify the code. When you’re in the professional field, looks matter especially for females. It is rare that it is strictly based on merit. If you’re a highly attractive female, you will be the first one to know that there are many other highly attractive females - hence, insecurity begins. This is especially true if you utilize your looks to get what you want. I actually know many attractive females that are intelligent, but few that are also genuinely nice. Anyways, the common complaint is that when you’re in the workplace, you wanted to be treated like an equal and not be talked down to and/or treated subpar based on the assumption that you have the job strictly based on looks. This is hard especially if you’re new to the industry and have to learn on the job. My 2 cents, for what it’s worth - I think this is the cheap way out. I would fire myself if I ever believed that I was hired and/or promoted based on my looks. Looks are overrated in my opinion. I personally value intellect & personality over looks anyday. When you find people that are top in their fields and are able to be humble about it - that’s when you hit gold. This is especially true because of how rare it is. To each, his or her own.

^what’s the ‘cheap way out’?

Using your looks to get what you want.

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As a member of the female species, I will try to > demystify the code. When you’re in the > professional field, looks matter especially for > females. It is rare that it is strictly based on > merit. If you’re a highly attractive female, you > will be the first one to know that there are many > other highly attractive females - hence, > insecurity begins. This is especially true if you > utilize your looks to get what you want. I > actually know many attractive females that are > intelligent, but few that are also genuinely nice. > Anyways, the common complaint is that when you’re > in the workplace, you wanted to be treated like an > equal and not be talked down to and/or treated > subpar based on the assumption that you have the > job strictly based on looks. This is hard > especially if you’re new to the industry and have > to learn on the job. > > My 2 cents, for what it’s worth - > I think this is the cheap way out. I would fire > myself if I ever believed that I was hired and/or > promoted based on my looks. Looks are overrated in > my opinion. I personally value intellect & > personality over looks anyday. When you find > people that are top in their fields and are able > to be humble about it - that’s when you hit gold. > This is especially true because of how rare it is. > To each, his or her own. Okay, let me see if I can understand where you are coming from… AAAAHHHHH IT HURTS!!! IT HURTS!!! *HEAD EXPLODES*

I work at Big4 Advisory. Girls are very average looking, with interns tending to be hot. Guys are clearly above average though in the looks department.

Ocean Mist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Using your looks to get what you want. you mean ‘easy’ way out i think its a combination deal. i don’t think looks get you the job or the pay, but they can help you up the ladder or open doors. gasoline-fight?..anyone???

My intern class at a BB bank had 3 girls that i’d give the nuppals to, besides that I have been rather dissapointed with everyone in the office, and I work in Miami. I have pretty terrible luck, all three office settings that I’ve worked in have had (in my opinion) very sub-par views. This leads me to believe that all hot women are unemployed. Question for the forum (I have asked it here before): If a tree falls on a woman, and no one is around to hear it, then what was a tree doing in the kitchen?

I have worked with some really hot women and had mixed exp… most were also very smart and driven… their drive made then “hot”… then we had the model hot girl who was not as bright and they tended to wash out fast… trading tends to wear on you fast and even faster if your not carrying your load. I dont hold it against anyone… women has looks, guys have nothing stuff… lots of ncaa kids in my firm… i am one too so rock on… use what you can

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont hold it against anyone… women has looks, > guys have nothing stuff… lots of ncaa kids in my > firm… i am one too so rock on… use what you can i’m confused. what does this mean?