i love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi. whats your favorite sushi dish

I love your sushi roll, hotter then wasabiI race for your love, “Shake’n Bake” Ricky BobbyI’m at the W, but I can’t meet you in the lobbyGirl, I gotta watch my back, cause I’m not just anybody

going to an ayce sushi tonight!

im not really that cultured with sushi, my favorite is the california or philadelphia roll. lol. so what should i try.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sake-2-me-sushi-cerritos-3

Try everything that won’t make you sick. It’s friggin AYCE, you’re not going to get a lot of quality fish to begin with. That said:

The rolls are most well known in NA, but the discerning of quality comes from sushi and sashimi. Rolls are literally fillers for fat people and where you put lower grade cuts. I would say try all the sashimis (tuna, yellowtail, mackerel, salmon etc.) and at AYCE i would avoid sea urchin, shrimp. Dont’ go overboard with the wasabi and try the pickled ginger.

Just looked at the menu: No sashimi… but decent choices

Seaweed Salad. Miso soup to start. Yellow tail carpaccio, gyoza to share. Roll selection actually looks good for AYCE. your choice will usually come down to what kind of fish and vege you like. Don’t think there are any obvious red flags here.

Best is toro followed by yellowtail then salmon

Do they charge you for rolls you cannot eat? If so, need to order strategicially.

check out the menu please and tell me what to get.

http://www.sake2mecerritos.com/menu/

what is nigiri?

no rice rolls

Related image

How are you an Asian on the west coast and don’t know sushi… Do you have white parents?

Missed this thread yesterday. How was the sushi?

Whenever I got to an AYCE sushi, these are must-haves:

Shrimp Tempura Sashimi (salmon, clam, tuna) Dragon roll (only one of these and shared amongst friends because I don’t like to stuff myself with rice) Korean BBQ Kalbi beef Fried chicken/pork cutlet

Where is STL? He goes to sushi places often.

Yes I know he likes to eat purple stuff. But he is still on the west coast. I’d expect anyone on the west coat to know sushi, especially an Asian… Cmon nerdy bro

I don’t have much to add. My tastes aren’t all that exotic. Anything with crab, shrimp, scallops, tuna, fatty tuna/toro, salmon, or yellowtail is good. I like a good spicy roll from time to time. And ikura/salmon roe is a must. I’ll try just about anything, but at the few sushi places I go to regularly I eat the same few rolls each time.

This is super American, but the deep fried special rolls are actually amazing. The ones that are like a tempura roll on the outside. Softshell crab is also good (think it’s called a spider roll). I went to some AYCA place in Brooklyn that had a “cowboy roll” which had steak and butter in it, which is obviously delicious. They charge you a couple bucks for each piece of sushi you cannot eat though, so I have to stuff my cheek like a chipmunk and spit it out on the street when I left.

^rofl. i like forced myself to eat the god damn cerritos roll. yea honestly if i could turn back the hands of time. 20 tempura shrimp plz. lol and yakitori. i wanted to try different kinds of sushi though and broaden my horizon.

In any case, the best sushi:

dragon lover roll

oh my double shrimp roll

Samurai - this is one of those no rice rolls

dynamite roll

also filipinos arent exactly asian. there are more spanish customs. most filipinos will not know how to use chopsticks. I am pretty good now, but when i first started working and ate with co workers they were surpised i had no idea how to use chopsticks. lol

Hahaha that is interesting.

I personally like the more creative rolls that aren’t traditional. Some of my favorite sushi spots are great at combining flavors. Some are straightforward and others are unique. One place I used to go had a fried oyster roll that was topped with a Tabasco cream sauce. I also like sushi that uses fruit well, but more often they aren’t done well. One of my favorite rolls ever was a mango and tempura shrimp roll