is schweser enough for passing level 2?

I am planning to just use schweser, the EOC questions and mocks to prepare for L2. Would this be enough?

My degree is Marketing, so I wouldn’t say that my finance base is solid.

what do you guys think?

There are people who have used just Schweser and passed.

But in L2, I would never suggest you to do that. CFAI EOC and Blu boxes are a must. In fact if you completely do this and are confident, you dont require schweser at all :slight_smile: So choice is yours, but majority will agree that CFA EOC and Blue boxes is the way ahead for L2 and thats what I would suggest as well.

All the very best and happy studying!

sooraj, so would you say that we can use CFA text as a supplement to Schweser? i know a lot of ppl say it’s the other way around.

But i figure that reading the CFA text and schweser would be too time consuming. I was planning to do all the EOC and blue boxes from CFA text and reading schweser notes and of course the mocks available. but not sure if this is enough?

Vincente, as long as you complete EOCS and Blue boxes, then you are fine. Doesnt matter from which prep provider you read.

For ex: I read the notes from Finquiz and referred CFAI texts when I couldnt get the details. So you are free to read Schweser notes, But what I wanted to stress was the fact that doing EOCS and Blue boxes are MUST.

Sorry if I conveyed the wrong meaning in my first post!

Apologies after I clicked add comment, I noticed your username was vicente and not vincente :slight_smile:

Dude, please don’t underestimate the importane of level II exam. It’s not like that you will read the third party provider notes and solve all the EOC ques of curriculum and hope to pass. You will have to give it your bestest shot!

It was my bad that i got overconfident and didn’t pay much attention to text in the curriculum. Even didn’t go for more than 3 mocks. Failed band 10. I know i could have done much better but i decided to go the easy way and had to pay the price.

Level II is a beast so prepare for the worst in mind !!

it’s cool, thanks for the advice!

Vicente, not a problem mate!

@SpyAli - sorry to hear about that friend.

All the very best to both of you. Kill the sh.t out of the exam mates!

Yes definitely ! I did it only with Schweser. I tend to say :" just try first to know everything that is on Schweser and you will see that is more than enough". I personnaly think (and this is my perception) that people using real book have a certain disadvantage as they are wayyy too deep. I doubt that our brain can retain all what is written inside, you just loose the focus. Having said that, they still allow you to understand a concept that you wouldn t with the Schweser. Doing practice exam is also key !

Schweser Notes do a great job of preparing you for level II. I only used them for levels I and II and haven’t scored below 70% on any section. I would also recommend doing EOC CFAI questions and as many mock/practice exams as you can do. I’m not sure if I will only use Schweser for level III, but I can assure you that for level II, it was suffice. My theory is that you can get through the most important concepts twice with Schweser in the same amount of time it would take you to get through CFAI material once. The second time though is when everything really starts to click for me, so maybe that is why I like using Schweser Notes more.

Can you preorder the level 2 textbooks before registering for the exam though? I’m writing in December and need to get right into studying for l2 after that, so waiting two months for results so I can register isn’t really an option, but I also don’t want to spend 300 bucks on study material that I won’t touch after that…

It’s definitely possible. I passed level 2 doing only schweser mainly because I had no choice. I just finished L1 in december and by the time I got my books had 3.5 months to study. I started reading the CFA text and quickly realized the only way was to grasp what was in Schweser. My gameplan consisted of reading and doing eoc schweser questions. After I got through all the material, I had a month to review. That’s when I switched to eoc CFA text questions and started figuring out my weaknesses.

I did pass L1 on the opposite method though. Read through all the CFA text and EOC questions and used Elan guides to review. It really depends on how early you get started. If you’re starting now, I’d use the CFA text. It’s way more interesting and not so diluted, but if you put it off, use Schweser.

Schweser nearly made me fail L2. I found their material way too brief (except for Ethics & Equity, my strong topics) and when I did the EOC questions afterwards, I got destroyed! I had to cram the CFAI text in the last two weeks.

My advice is to start with CFAI then Schweser for topics you’re comfortable with. Just my 2c.