IWC Portuguese, JLC Master, or Blancpain Villeret

you looking at a carrera?

yeea, this one in particular

CAR2013BA0799

what’s the damage on that one these days?

Ohai, check this out. JLC Duo Reverso - I think it starts at 10k MSRP

^thats nice.

thoughts on the omega seamasters chrono co-axial?

^12 for $0.10.

That is a nice watch, big fan of the rectangular faces.

what?

what a beauty

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-16/this-1-275-million-new-watch-is-made-from-transparent-sapphire

I’ve heard a lot of good things about the chrono co-axial lines. In house design and apparently very accurate. only con is it’s only a few years old and the service (every 5 years) charge will have to be done through the Omega system - more $$$ (over time this may change as more independent watchmakers become familiar with this movement). Other downside is it’s pricier as Omega is trying to use the co-axial base to push into the next pricepoint.

Are you looking at the 300m or the Planet Oceans? The 300m version looks steep in CAD$. Planet Ocean should be more than that. Take a look at the Aqua Terra’s - I know you like the sporty chrono look but they are similar movements, cheaper, very clean, and dressy as well. You never know what you like til you see it.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/aqua-terra-150m/master-co-axial-415-mm/23110422103003/

And of course there’s a reason why Speedmasters are so popular…

I think JLC Reverso is a bit too watch nerdy to me. My main issue is that the face, due to it’s shape, cannot be fully utilized for display or to accomodate a movement. Thus it is inherently inefficient. The reason for the reverse function (playing sports, specifically polo) also doesn’t apply nowadays. I thought for a while aboout whether I “should” like this watch, since people who like watches are supposed to like Reversos. In the end, I decided that it’s not really for me. I do like most other JLCs though.

In general, I find that the chronograph function on dive watches makes the watch look too busy. Dive style and chronograph seem like an odd combination, anyway. Most of the time, you are not even supposed to operate the chronograph while under water. In addition, I think most people are not sensitive to the benefits of newer watch movements, like higher beat rate or a few seconds of accuracy per month. The main benefit of the plain co axial movement is durability, since you only have to service the watch once every 8-10 years and presumably will have fewer unscheduled services as well. This benefit is negated by the chronograph complication, which reduces your service interval to 5 years and increases overall costs. So if given the choice between plain and chronograph versions of any Seamaster, I think I would pick plain.

JLC followed by IWC. JLC is not as well known but a watch enthusiast will know you are wearing a JLC when they see it. Or go baller and get a A. Lange Sohn. https://monochrome-watches.com/a-lange-sohne-1815-chronograph-hands-on-with-specs-price/

i went with this one for now:

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/diver-300-m/co-axial-chronograph-44-mm/21230445003001/

the ceramic is unreal. under different lights it can go from blue to black. every time i look at it, its a different color.

im planing on getting the extention clasp soon for the best fit. the coaxial movement is top notch and servicing should is recommened every 5 years. there are no issues with the chrono that leads to quicker wear or requires servicing.

i can tell you how amazing the dial is. stare at it for hours. the bond bracelet is beautiful too but im getting rid of it.

anyways, im really eyeing the LE dark side of the moon for my next purchase. that black bezel is really nice.

btw the nee PO are 45m and thick like whoa and the mixed colors look terrible. the black one is nice tho - they start at 12k though

classic. nice choice. much better than that tag you were eyeing. I was always enamoured by that goldeneye style watch but when push came to shove i liked the speedmaster more. my next one will probably be the reverso, or the rollie hulk.

the hulk is nice, its growing on me. i didnt like it until i finally tried it on.

the speedy is def a classic, wouldnt mind having it as well