New York City, b!tches!

Congrats, supposed to be a good city…enjoy

There’s no way he made the move after hearing how cold this winter has been.

Bump, OP, how’s it going in NY? I tried to find a few NY threads and this was the best one I could find. I’m lining up interviews after earnings and one of them happens to be in Manhattan. I’ve never even been to NY.

Been googling around to see if I can still have a car and it looks like, probably not :frowning: Rent looks expensive but pay is somewhat higher? Lots of taxes. Lots of good food and night life. Is that about right? Did anything not live up to your expectations?

Warning: you will stick out like a sore thumb with your Make America Great Again hat in Manhattan…

You will not need a car in Manhattan:there’s the subway, taxis, etc. Some things are even in walking distance!

even if I wear my white one?

Unless you have plans to leave the city 2-3x a week, it is more trouble than it’s worth to have a car in NYC in my view.

No car for sure, if you need to you can do those zipcar things although I havent known anyone who used it. NYC is great if you are looking to try out the Northeastern US urban lifestyle but it can be overrated for many things (as other threads have said)

It is what you make of it, if you have any certain types of music your into you can likely find some cool places that will play it and you can meet people into that there. Coney Island for fried foods and beers/frozen drinks is a blast IMO. If there is a long line for something its likely not worth doing (cronut & countless other examples)

<3 fried food and beer. Would be cool to live and work in the finance capital of the world. Respect. Numbers would have to justify it though. Would have to sell all my guns and my almost new car, which I waited so long to get blah

Coney Island is sweet. I love hitting it in the off season.

bros, what’s the headcount for NYC Dream/Tues?

numi - are you going to show

Well, I’m in.

Is it a really nice car? You could leave it with me. I’m just a 54 minute ride on Amtrak away. Can’t help you with the guns though.

cool - I think we have 4-6 or something

whos bringing the little blue pills?

I split my time between West Coast and New York so will probably be out of town, but if not perhaps I will make a guest appearance.

Bump. I’m going to be hanging around the Hudson Yards the weeks of August 14 and 21. Do the New Yorkers here even still post?

Lol I hear
These streets will make you feel brand new (new)
Big lights will inspire you

No, after one week here, I’m convinced the only people who could like this place are native New Yorkers and young folk who are bedazzled with the size and bustle. This town is so dirty that even the concrete sidewalks smell bad.

Or, maybe staying in Koreatown wasn’t my best move. It’s convenient though :thinking: