study progress

it’s a celebration bitches

I pop a bottle of Korbel champagne every night to celebrate yet another session of studying

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > it’s a celebration bitches LOL ! I start today…Ethics. Operation:Murder Level 2 has just begun.

Still waiting for L1 results (hopefully I passed), will try to start this weekend. Plan is to finish SS1(available online) by Jan 28th, the day when L1 results are out.

cfadec08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Still waiting for L1 results (hopefully I passed), > will try to start this weekend. > Plan is to finish SS1(available online) by Jan > 28th, the day when L1 results are out. I’d say that’s a good idea. Good luck with the results.

Except FSA, CF and PM - done with the others - just first pass… need to go in detail and practice though

I studied from 4 to 11 last night. There was a big party at the university bar, but I was in the law library alone (first week of classes for those buggers so the libraries were empty). It was the most depressing feeling ever.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I studied from 4 to 11 last night. There was a big > party at the university bar, but I was in the law > library alone (first week of classes for those > buggers so the libraries were empty). It was the > most depressing feeling ever. Welcome to what every day of what being a PhD student felt like. (Times 6 years.)

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I studied from 4 to 11 last night. There was a big > party at the university bar, but I was in the law > library alone (first week of classes for those > buggers so the libraries were empty). It was the > most depressing feeling ever. So freakin let loose every Friday and/or Saturday night… it keeps the blues away. (as long as you bust your ass during the week.

V. Raghavan/TVpm/NirjRaina, So in your first pass, are you doing questions/concept checkers or the Tests (not sure if you are using Schweser/CFAI) or are you just reading and moving on? Curious to know…

this L2 FSA stuff is a real blast

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I studied from 4 to 11 last night. There was a > big > > party at the university bar, but I was in the > law > > library alone (first week of classes for those > > buggers so the libraries were empty). It was > the > > most depressing feeling ever. > > > Welcome to what every day of what being a PhD > student felt like. (Times 6 years.) Hey dan, could you share your experience on getting your Phd. I am thinking about doing it down the road. What is your life like being a PhD student and what foundation you need to have prior to matriculation? And how difficult it is getting that degree.

I am doing the concept checkers in Schweser a couple of days after I finish the session, to see if I am remembering it. I am waiting on the CFAI questions for later review on each topic (2nd pass through). I havent hit Qbank up yet but need to start incorporating that for sure. Anyone else suprised by how straight forward FSA is? Not easy, necessarily, but it makes sense at least (so far)?

i thought fsa was pretty straightforward except for intercorporate investments - i had to use schweser for that because cfai was way too verbose. the entire chapter can be summed up in a 1 page chart.

hey, um do we also need to be able to solve those problems where we’re given 3 cross ccy rates and interest rates in the 3 countries, and we are to know if any arbitrage possible in any region? im surprised at how many people dont like fx section on this forum. i thought the most bashed out section would be quant or portfolio management. im gonna start my 5 hrs per week from this week until feb, so will be looking into this forum more often now.

I relatively like the FX stuff. I am not particularly versed in it, but find the info to be relevant and good to learn. The Quant stuff isn’t that complex so while I dont like it it isnt that big of a thorn in the side. I havent gotten to PM yet. I know somewhere there is a topic that is going to just floor me, probably lurking in FI or Equity. side note: dont hold me to this thread when results come out and show I bombed Quant, FX part of Econ, and FSA

Hope to start next thursday after getting my L1 scores back :slight_smile:

I’m on econ now…

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this L2 FSA stuff is a real blast Yea but Equity is a beast. 470 pages of Giberish

putoption Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > philip.platt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > this L2 FSA stuff is a real blast > > Yea but Equity is a beast. 470 pages of Giberish I was being facetious (yeah hard to tell on an internet forum). I just don’t really like learning about accounting rules. I am looking forward to Equity - but I’ll have to get back to you on that one as I just cracked into FSA and am going in order . . .