study progress

How is it that you guys are so far in, I haven’t even recvd my CFAI books…ordered them 2 hours after I recvd my results on Wednesday… I don’t get it…or it that you guys are reading off Stalla/Schweser…I recvd my Stalla just now…so tonight I start. Scary???

Just started Quant this morning and hope to start Econ before the weekend. We’ll see. 23adam – I don’t have my CFAI books yet either, but received Schweser on Friday.

Have been going in order and I’m on p70 of Equity/AI in Schweser. Nothing has been ridiculously hard so far but working on retention seems like the key for LII. There are a lot of small formulas/concepts which you have to know inside out due to the format of the exam.

Just about getting started right now. Study Session 1 - Reading 1 - Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. Long way to go!

Only signed up last night, so some time to kill before the goodies arrive. A far cry from L1 where I started in March for the December exam!

Started on Superbowl Sunday out of all days, just finished SS1 readings from Stalla. I feel you on the time issue, but I’m up to the chalenge.

Done Ethics, Economics, Corp Fi, Fixed Income, Alt Inv and about half of Quant and Equity. Started back in October but haven’t touched the books for the last four weeks.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Only signed up last night, so some time to kill > before the goodies arrive. A far cry from L1 where > I started in March for the December exam! Ya man I did the same pretty much. We are gunna have to bust ass this time around!!!

hehe this is my first post in half a year, kind of a weird feeling… anyways, i skipped the old ethics section and just finished the first book…

I’m on the last section of FSA…be done with FSA sunday is the goal

finishing up quant tonight…going to start econ tomorrow! skipped ethics and will read it for a few days when I start getting burned out on the FSA, equity stuff

Finished the initial skim over the entire curriculum yesterday, and completed first in-depth studying of readings 1 and 2. Soft dollar standards and case studies in ethics tonight. I hope to have, by Sunday, completed my first round of in-depth studying for Volume 1.

Done quant and econ, started FSA two nights ago. I intend to finish FSA by next wednesday. Schweser study notes

There are only 121 days to test day - I’m starting to panic. Only finished Ethics, Econ and half of FSA. FSA has so many stupid little details. Plan was to have at least a month for review and practice exams but I dunno If I can make it happen. I think 15 hours a week is nowhere close to enough. What about the rest of u?

Freakonomist Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There are only 121 days to test day - I’m starting > to panic. Only finished Ethics, Econ and half of > FSA. FSA has so many stupid little details. Plan > was to have at least a month for review and > practice exams but I dunno If I can make it > happen. I think 15 hours a week is nowhere close > to enough. What about the rest of u? You’re right, I’m trying to put in closer to 30

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Freakonomist Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > There are only 121 days to test day - I’m > starting > > to panic. Only finished Ethics, Econ and half > of > > FSA. FSA has so many stupid little details. > Plan > > was to have at least a month for review and > > practice exams but I dunno If I can make it > > happen. I think 15 hours a week is nowhere > close > > to enough. What about the rest of u? > > > You’re right, I’m trying to put in closer to 30 30 is a bit much. 20-25 should be enough IMO. But depends on you. Finished Econ this morning, have 2 more chapters in Quant. Hope to be done with that this weekend. Then FSA next.