"There is a bubble" - I can "feel" it!

I understand the Nvidia’s revenue growth is insane and the hype in A.I. is exorbitant, but come on, this is a massive bubble, don’t you think?

1 Like

the comparison I keep hearing is to Cisco during the dot com boom.
What’s your strategy? Buy and hope to find a bigger fool? or just steer clear?
nvidia-bubble_image002_0000

1 Like

I can’t hate on bubbles, but my personality won’t let me buy into the hype and follow the herd. I prefer to invest in deep-value stocks with strong moats at substantial discounts. However, there are occasions that may prompt me to resist my impulses and follow the herd. I definitely view A.I. as a paradigm shift — a product that can be used right out of the box. Comparing it to the dot-com bubble, I believe NVIDIA clearly exhibits bubble-like behavior and is likely to experience a significant downturn. We just witnessed the largest drop in history, nearly losing $630 billion in three days.

P.S. Do you use any statistical models to identify bubbles? For instance, running the Dickey-Fuller test in Python?

1 Like

I agree with you, but it’s tempting to try and jump on these bubbles and try to get out in time.

Nvidia is up 161% YTD, versus Nasdaq (20%), S&P (15%), Dow (3%).
As you say, Nvidia lost nearly $630B in 3 days, which is in the ballpark of 20%.

You know more about testing for bubbles than I do.

1 Like

I hate Nvidia and the concentrated nature of this bull market. My outperformance has literally dropped from 1500 basis points to 500. Ytd prolly 600 bps. Nvidia was super expensive then and no one coulda predicted that ridic increase in rev in the last 4 years. I think it’s up like 400%

With that said, quick net worth update. I hit 1m at 35. Finished my mba at usc. And got 48k followers on TikTok. My money don’t jiggle jiggle. It folds.

Jeez I just checked other portions in the website. And it’s like bumped by ai bots. Sad what this place has turned to. It was a beautiful respite while taking abuse on my younger years.

1 Like

Tik tok, eh? Are you ready to start your new pump and dump strategies and turn your milly into millies! :sunglasses::joy: