All else being equal, 750+ gmat score + "CFA 1" vs "CFA 2" alone

This is not a classical “gap year”. It is part of my curriculum. Usually students do two 6 months internships. This is a way to have more professionnal experience before entering the work force. Considering that i want to find an internship in London and have some time to study seriously the CFA lvl 3, i asked to do this project instead.

Who told you that you will pass CFAL2 surely??

Well i just scored 73% at the boston cfa society mock exam. Before taking the exam, i had reread some parts of the secret sauce lvl 1, watched one time all the schweser videos and did 1 practice exam. Because i don’t want to take any chances for the real exam, I am now entering my maniac phase. With a lifetime of practice, i have become pretty good had cramming for exams :slight_smile: Also i am using nootropics. I am not nearly as efficient when i don’t use them. This thread describe my experience studying for the level 1. It underlines why i am much more comfortable with MCQ type exams vs dissertation type exams: http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-i-forum/91330809 I am not 100% sure i will pass, but i am confident.

+1

so you are confident you’re not 100% you will pass. got it.

well i could be very sick the day of the exam. So yes i am confident i am not 100% sure to pass :slight_smile:

It’s not too late to ask this question AFTER you have surely passed level 2.

I’m with all the others who say putting your GMAT score on your resume is a stupid move. I would never even give that person an interview. Whilst interviewing candidates for buy-side postion, for me it’s a turn-off when I see something like “Passed CFA Level 1 in 2009”. It’s like “So what? What have you done since? Have you attempted the following levels and failed? Or it was just so you could put it on your resume?” I personally think it hurts more than it helps. Putting a GMAT score when you are clearly not applying for an MBA would be the same. Companies don’t care about GMAT scores. They will know you’re smart and capable from the time spent speaking with you and a resume with GMAT score will most likely not even get that chance.

By the way, you are a fool to think that anybody who studies long enough will pass this exam.

Agree with you on this. The OP and other candidates had better spend the last 23 days studying for the exam than refresh the AF all the time to see if there’s any more reply.

So the problem is “2009” or “Passed CFA Level 1”?

^Should be obvious? If you passed in 2009 and it’s now 2014 with nothing changed, what the hell have you been doing for the past 5 years!! Flags up all sorts of warning signs. I’d be wondering if you’ve been networking for that time but had no luck because people meet you and realise you’re unemployable, or that you’ve failed level 2 repeatedly.

You know if you use a software like RSS notifier and subscribe to a thread, you don’t need to refresh the AF all the time.

Hmmm…passed L1 in 2009…spent several years playing poker to support himself…quite confident that he’ll pass L2 in 2014…hypothetically scored 750 on the GMAT…hacksaw undergrad with mediocre grades…

I passed L1 last year. You should slow down the pace of your reading, apparently there is a lot that you miss :slight_smile:

750+ Gmat is top 1% of gmat takers aint it? I’m pretty sure that scoring that high is much harder to do.

Well… I know it is obvious but since misslee said " for me it’s a turn-off when I see something like ”Passed CFA Level 1 in 2009”, I was confused if there was something wrong with telling people that you passed CFA Level 1. Would it still be a turn-off if the candidate removed “in 2009” ?

My point is that your have a lot of time after the June exam to discuss such the topic.

I’m only a level 1 candidate myself so may be wrong but I believe there is nothing in ethics to stop you doing so. You have to only refer to the year you are a candidate, i.e. AfricaFarmer “2014 CFA level 1 candidate” vs TheLakeHouse “Passed CFA level 1”. I’m sure someone will correct me if i’m wrong.

^I might not have explained my point clearly. I meant nothing about ethics covered by the CFAI. I was just wondering if putting “passed CFA level 1” in my resume would result in a turn-off. Well… I guess the problem is more about “in 2009” part as some of you here already pointed out.

^ Yes, exactly

I don’t see a problem with putting passed l1 if that’s what you actually did. Just be ready to explain why you haven’t passed l2 since 2009.

To clarify, it’s the 2009.

What’s worse is, in real life, I saw “in 2007”.