Being Smarter Than Your Significant Other

I said: Personally, looks do nothing for me (of course, if he is smart and nice to look at, bonus!) Of course good looks is a good thing and I would lie if I say I don’t enjoy eye candy or wouldn’t like it if the guy is handsome. When I meet a stranger, his good looks will not make me wanna take a third look (cause yes, I will take a second look). But a funny/smart comment from him would. I guess to correct myself: looks do nothing for me if he doesn’t have other qualities that I value.

It’s funny how how you percieve somebody looks changes as you spend more time with them. Weird phenomenon that I think has to do with increasing familiarity with what you already saw combined with noticing new things.

I am really surprised at the opposite sex not counting some sort of male dominant trait like protecting them as a trait that they seek in a relationship. Its pretty evident in pop culture that the new hot guys shop in the junior sections of Abercrombie and might need to be treated for manorexia. There is a study i cant quote from a univeristy in UK that says this is because of increase in birth control use that suppresses the natural instinct of women to find males that can defend them. Im SOL in this case and have come to accept it, but i wonder if anyone in this country is afraid of violent crime anymore.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am really surprised at the opposite sex not > counting some sort of male dominant trait like > protecting them as a trait that they seek in a > relationship. Its pretty evident in pop culture > that the new hot guys shop in the junior sections > of Abercrombie and might need to be treated for > manorexia. There is a study i cant quote from a > univeristy in UK that says this is because of > increase in birth control use that suppresses the > natural instinct of women to find males that can > defend them. Im SOL in this case and have come to > accept it, but i wonder if anyone in this country > is afraid of violent crime anymore. LOL, not sure how much weight I’d put in a study from UK ;). I’d have to say I’m definitely attracted to a man who has a physical presence. Not sure I’d need much protecting though as I’m 5’10” and pretty athletic, so therefore, I think I could hold my own in most situations. And I have to agree on the above. What’s the deal with guys wearing skinny pants these days? I would think it’s a deal breaker for most women if you were to wear tighter pants than they do or you take longer to get ready.

Yeah, it’s funny how men’s popular culture style seems to revolve around having either ridiculously loose or b@ll crunchingly tight pants. Why can’t we just take the average? Me, I’m rockin’ moleskin pants today, and they be slightly loose.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am really surprised at the opposite sex not > counting some sort of male dominant trait like > protecting them as a trait that they seek in a > relationship. Its pretty evident in pop culture > that the new hot guys shop in the junior sections > of Abercrombie and might need to be treated for > manorexia. There is a study i cant quote from a > univeristy in UK that says this is because of > increase in birth control use that suppresses the > natural instinct of women to find males that can > defend them. Im SOL in this case and have come to > accept it, but i wonder if anyone in this country > is afraid of violent crime anymore. My husband is a bit metro, but he clicks into man mode when necessary. He once chased a thief around the block and smashed his head into the pavement- and this was in Bogota. I screamed for him to not do it since it was not worth it- but its just an instinct he has. I definitely feel safe with him. Kinda the opposite of many ‘macho’ types that are all hype and probably would do nothing if the time came. also… I think a complete lack of chest hair on a guy is a total turn off… don’t like the pre-puberty look.

@davisker Thats my point. I havent seen you physically, but against 2 muggers or god knows what else, unless you are a black belt in tae kwon do, i dont see you holding your own. There is just too much biological and sports related evidence that in hand to hand combat, female vs. male is not in any way a fair contest. It is my opinion that it is never safe for woman to be walking alone in an area where there is a treat of crime and bodily harm with the confidence of holding their own. I would never allow my sisters or gfs or even perfect strangers to do it if I could help out.

eureka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, it’s funny how men’s popular culture style > seems to revolve around having either ridiculously > loose or b@ll crunchingly tight pants. Why can’t > we just take the average? Me, I’m rockin’ > moleskin pants today, and they be slightly loose. +1 Since I started doing heavy squats my a$$ pokes through my pants a little more. But I like the fact that a chick can’t tell if I have a scare on the underside of my johnson. Sure, I wear pants tighter than Juvenile, but I am not some hipster lameass… daviskr Wrote ------------------------------------------------------- > LOL, not sure how much weight I’d put in a study > from UK ;). +1, they’re all drunk over there > I’d have to say I’m definitely attracted to a man > who has a physical presence. Not sure I’d need > much protecting though as I’m 5’10” and pretty > athletic, so therefore, I think I could hold my > own in most situations. +1 Dougie aint no small chump like me! > And I have to agree on the above. What’s the deal > with guys wearing skinny pants these days? I > would think it’s a deal breaker for most women if > you were to wear tighter pants than they do or you > take longer to get ready. See above lol. akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > also… I think a complete lack of chest hair on a > guy is a total turn off… don’t like the > pre-puberty look. You should see me now, Austin powers would be jealous.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am really surprised … … … > Im SOL in this case and have come to > accept it, but i wonder if anyone in this country > is afraid of violent crime anymore. I’d guess women on this forum might not be representative but in any case many will probably prefer intelligence to so called good looks. That said, you ought to be better off if you’re bald, funny and smart compared to if you can’t outwit them…

Is the initial post a joke? How smart are you, gongshowsgocheddar? Have you taken some test? Proof of your cleverness or it doesn’t exist.

About the looks, don’t kid ourselves; it all depends on whether you look good or are bvtt ugly. If you are an attractive person, it’s going to be difficult for you settle it for a sub-par gf/bf/spouse. Of course there are exceptions, but strong equilibrium forces (i.e., other dudes/chicks hitting on you) will certainly act at some point in most cases.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > About the looks, don’t kid ourselves; it all > depends on whether you look good or are bvtt ugly. > If you are an attractive person, it’s going to be > difficult for you settle it for a sub-par > gf/bf/spouse. Of course there are exceptions, but > strong equilibrium forces (i.e., other > dudes/chicks hitting on you) will certainly act at > some point in most cases. this is true to some extent but especially in the bar scene. When dealing with work/ school situations one has more time to learn of other traits that may make one more attractive. Someone already mentioned how perceptions change, and I have definitely gone from thinking someone was ok to stunning physically because of non-physical traits. Strange but true.

+1 PTC I wouldn’t have hooked up with Jenny if she was gnar gnar, but as I got to know her she became more attractive as a l/t thing rather than a alchol buddy.

My wife is very bright. She is a CPA and I am a charterholder so we are always having the CFA vs. CPA debate. The only time it is settled is when I slap her in the face with my W2 at the end of the year.

^LOL, hate to burst the bubble but if she is arguing for the CPA she’s none too clever;) JK

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My wife is very bright. She is a CPA and I am a > charterholder so we are always having the CFA vs. > CPA debate. The only time it is settled is when I > slap her in the face with my W2 and d!ick at the end of the > year. Wow, really?

MehdiOchre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is the initial post a joke? > > How smart are you, gongshowsgocheddar? Have you > taken some test? Proof of your cleverness or it > doesn’t exist. No joke. I just have a tendency to date girls that lack in the grammar/writing department.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My wife is very bright. She is a CPA and I am a > charterholder so we are always having the CFA vs. > CPA debate. The only time it is settled is when I > slap her in the face with my W2 at the end of the > year. lol! thats hilarious… this makes me think that my husband is WAYYYY smarter than me. While I sit in from of the computer all day everyday he goes around the world ‘working’ on film sets. Duties involve being taken out to dinner by production companies, picking actors in casting sessions, staying at the nicest hotels and sitting around the set eating good food while only observing to make sure the ‘creative vision’ is followed. Throw in some pre-SOX style gifts/ parties… AND he makes more than me. grrrr All of the sudden I feel kinda dumb.

@Akansaka, I was ina movie once, what a joke. No one on a movie set works hard except for the people building/taking down the sets. I literally sat around for 8 hours, took a nap. When I had to do some “work” it consisted of about 20 takes of a 5 minute scene and that was it for the day. Must be nice.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @Akansaka, > > I was ina movie once, what a joke. No one on a > movie set works hard except for the people > building/taking down the sets. I literally sat > around for 8 hours, took a nap. When I had to do > some “work” it consisted of about 20 takes of a 5 > minute scene and that was it for the day. > > > Must be nice. Clips or it never happened.