Best compact SUV

Looking to trade in my audi for something more practical. Looking for a smaller sized suv (to fit into my garage) with AWD. Leaning towards either Rav4 or CRV but open to ideas.

Btw - i’ve long been hacksawed so no need for the comments on lack of baller status.

heard the Mazda one was pretty nice recently. I owned a Mazda 6 a few years ago and really liked how it drove, fan of the brand. Cant really go wrong with Rav4 or CRV though.

Highlander is a decent car in that price range.

^+14

2017 CRV is the best SUV/CUV in that category at the moment. The 2016 model was good, but the 2017 car elevates its class. C&D has it on the top of its “best SUV” list, so you know that it is good to drive. Unlike Toyota, Subaru or Mazda, it has a modern, up to date powertrain. Fit and finish, fuel economy, and interior space are at or near best in class. Additionally, not enough can be said about Honda’s use of interior space. You will get more usable room in a Honda for the same space measurement, compared to most other brands.

The downside is that you’ll be driving the same car as a lot of other people, albeit for good reason. You’ll also have to get a CVT, which some people don’t like for some reason.

Toyota Highlander is a size class above RAV4 or CRV. It’s bigger, heavier, more expensive, and more “trucky”.

I’ve owned a Mazda Tribute (shared platform with the Ford Escape) foe 13 years now. 195,000 miles. I hope to drive it another 195,009 miles.

But since they’re no longer available, I’d go with the Ford Escape.

My sister also has a Nissan Rogue. Nice car. Feels roomy for a compact.

CPO RDX or Subaru Forester, if you want something interesting. CRV and Rav 4 are also good cars, can’t go wrong, reliable and will hold value. Drive them all.

Used low mileage RX is about as cheap as the step-down brands but a superior vehicle IMO. That’s the way to go.

RAV4 is a dyke mobile.

Forester is good car and likely underrated by most people. However, unless you really go to the woods a lot, Honda or other brands provide products that are more suited for everyday life. Subaru gives you good content with respect to their AWD system, but they cut corners on interior quality and refinement.

I have mixed feelings about Acura. Honda does not give them the resources they need to compete in the luxury segment. 2017 CRV has better and newer technology than the same year’s RDX. Pricing in the mainstream market is cut throat and extremely competitive, so the mainstream Honda brand tends to have a slight pricing advantage per content. Acura tends to be slightly nicer, and slightly more sporty to drive. However, they are ultimately clones of normal Honda vehicles, and are usually not worth the price premium, in my opinion.

One exception is the AWD RLX, which no one ever buys because Acura marketing is awful. Unlike other Acura vehicles, it has no direct analog with a Honda badge. Most people don’t appreciate all the technology it bundles with the car, including a truly advanced hybrid AWD system.

i think op is looking for a crossover.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/crossover-suvs

if ur buying new. i’d go with the crv. they just released a new model.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CR-V#Fifth_generation_.282017.E2.80.93present.29

if ur buying used. i’d go with the rav4. my dad owned a 2014 rav 4. its pretty dependable. gas efficient. i actually used it when i have to travel long distances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4#Fourth_generation_.28XA40.3B_2013.E2.80.93present.29

he replaced it for a new acura. which looks exactly like it. its a joke. lol

If you’re coming from an Audi though, I can say you won’t like any current Toyota. They are designed to provide a completely different driving experience. The first corner you take at speed in a RAV4 is going to be very unsettling - body roll and lack of steering communication are real. I understand that this is what a lot of people like, since people want soft rides to get to and from places, but once you are used to one type of car, it’s hard to convince yourself to switch. Even Audi to Honda will have a noticeable difference, just not as extreme.

@Ohai - how do you know everything about everything? I’m starting to think that you’re not really human. You are simply a search engine created by Chad to boost traffic to AF.

Benz GLC

yeah its better

its not like I told him to buy a Sequoia …

I nearly sh i t my pants the first time I took a highway exit ramp in my Pathfinder after driving a 3 series w/ sport package for 10 years.

Although I can’t speak to quality or the interior, the redesigned Mazda SUV’s look nice.

no love for kia or huyndai?

This is my list - in order of no significance.

1. Toyota Rav4
  2. Toyota C-HR
  3. Honda CRV
  4. Mazda CX5
  5. Subaru Forrester
  6. Ford Escape
  7. Hyundai Tucson
  8. Kia Shortage

What’s the deal with Jeep Renegade?

The best Korean car in the US is Kia Soul Turbo. It is cheap, safe, fast, and roomy. The high end engine comes with a 7 speed dual clutch transmission, what…

The problem is those Fing hamsters though…