Best compact SUV

^thats the grossest car ever. i drove it as a rental at buttfuck nowhere in some random state that i cannot remember except for the fact that it was really hot, and the ac for that car really sucked.

You probably got the crappy lower trim. The good version is the 200hp 2.0l turbo. Sure, it’s still a budget car, and will have some issues like maybe weak air conditioning. But overall, it is still a class standout.

Porsche Macan

It’s pretty tough to beat a Honda.

My S2000 had 215,000 miles on it before the engine had to be replaced; that’s an engine that revved to 9,000 RPM and put out 2 HP per cubic inch.

CRV is nice. Pilot just drives like crap (even compared to other midsize).

Also, depends how much you drive per year. If you’re a city dweller with a non-driving commute (like me) and your whole family puts on like 7k miles per year then long term reliability is less of a factor.

The woman wants a smaller compact crossover such as the Honda HR-V. Thoughts on this class?

My wife really liked the CX5 when she test drove it. She’s petite and being able to see over the front end was a big concern.

But again a low mileage RX is the same price +/- as CX5 new and a superior vehicle. Her big concern was the RX feeling too big (going from a civic) but she loved it instantly.

The distinguishing driving characteristic of subcompact based cars is their short wheelbase. They are great in cities with narrow lane streets, since direction changes are immediate and this give you great confidence when moving between other vehicles. However, the cars feel unstable at highway speeds.

So, I would recommend that you don’t own a car in this class unless your driving is mostly in cities. If you live in a suburb, you will appreciate the extra stability and utility of a larger vehicle.

SRS… I literally just bought a car. Like last weekend. I cant upload pictures of it here coz i’ve never been able to upload photos. Basically it the range rover evoque, brand new and extravagant! Would def recommend.

double

sick car.

Hey guys, when you buy a car, do you put it on your credit card? I have one card with cash back, but my other card is Amazon so would get like 3% on Amazon. I think my cash back is lower than that so not sure which one would be best. Intent would be to pay it all off from savings/checking same month, but to get all the points/cash back… anyone do this?

^ROFL, i never thought of that. thats actually pure genius. i imagine, you’d get 2% cash back at most. then refi right after to get leveraged. but some auto delearships offer amazing fianncing options like 0% APR, which you wont get anywhere. lol

Most places will only let you do up to $5k max because of credit card fees.

yah its all city driving with the occasional drive to CT or NH. I tried out the toyota C-HR last night and remembered very quickly why car salesmen are despised all over.

Well i’m sticking about 30% of it on my gold amex… which give me a bunch of points. Will pay if all off the next day obviously.

there is 0 APR but they normally just price the real interest into the car. 0% APR is BS.

When we bought our Nissan the dealer would only let us put $3,500 of it on a CC. You do have to keep in mind that dealer margins on new cars are very slim if you do a good job of negotiating. There are some volume kick backs from the manufacturer at the end of the year, but dealers really make their money on service, financing, BS add-ons (which you should refuse), and used cars.

lol hacksaw waste of money

@WYG - You might want to think about stepping up to a midsize instead of a compact.

About me - I bought my Tribute when I was 24, not married, no kids, and lived in the city. (Well, San Antonio. Some of you might consider that suburbia.)

Today, I still have the same car, but I’m 37, have a 4 and 6 year-old, and live in the suburbs. (Well, some of you might consider it the country.)

Point being–I like to hold on to cars for a long time. And if I bought a car today, I would have it until my youngest graduates from high school. That means I’ll need the extra legroom for teenagers (instead of toddlers) and all the baggage (literal and metaphorical) that goes along with it.

Just a thought.