Best compact SUV

range rovers are sick

I got to drive one earlier this week. HSE. was really nice, very fast.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/02/land-rover-and-jd-power/

Doug DeMuro probably is the best auto journalist I’ve seen. Or at least I enjoy his articles the most. Also has a great YouTube channel.

I am not Doug DeMuro…

wow!

ok pokhim, you have to fill us in on any issues with your rover for AF survey auto purposes…

yes just did it this past weekend they won’t let you go above 5k though

Depends on ur priorities. I want a nice car and a brand new one.

you’re gonna love this car

2017 Land Rover Range Rover 5.0L V8 Supercharged SV Autobiography Model: 2017 Land Rover Range RoverMSRP: From $199,950 Horsepower: 550 hp MPG: 14 city / 19 highway Gross vehicle weight rating: 6,834 lbs Cargo volume: 32.1 ft³, 71.7 to 82.8 ft³ with seat area Towing capacity: 6,614 lbs Engine: 5.0 L V8 https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles/range-rover/svautobiography/index.html

i didnt say it wasnt nice. just a waste of money. i bet his wife was giving him cr*p about cheaper options lol

DeMuro is definitely my favorite!

https://jalopnik.com/if-range-rovers-are-so-unreliable-why-do-people-still-1728727599

Let’s start this off by getting one thing clear, Earvin: I still own my Range Rover. My beautiful, handsome, 2006 Range Rover; the Range Rover that has provided an expensive headache to the wonderful folks at CarMax for the better part of three years now. I love it deeply. It is a member of my family. I sometimes give it hugs when I finish driving it for the day. I like to stroke its dashboard as if it were a walrus in a petting zoo. Occasionally I talk to it. There are currently two warning lights illuminated in its dashboard.

Advertisement

Error loading media: File could not be played 00:00 00:00

Advertisement

Which, frankly, is a great segue into why people still buy Land Rovers even though they offer the same level of durability as convenience store electronics.

Here’s the deal, Earvin: for the last year or so, I admit I’ve been strongly considering replacing my Range Rover with a Toyota Land Cruiser when the warranty runs out. And here’s why: the Range Rover forums are filled with people asking questions like “What’s this noise?” or “What’s this warning light?” or “What’s this fluid in my interior?” Whereas the Land Cruiser forums are filled with people showing off the fact that they recently drove from Charlotte, North Carolina, to rural Tanzania using only street tires and a snorkel.

But then, a few months ago, I had the chance to get up close and personal with a 2013 Land Cruiser, which is the model I want. And do you know what I discovered? The turn signal stalk is from a Toyota Sienna. The steering wheel is from a Toyota Tundra. The window switches are from a Toyota Camry. The Land Cruiser – the mighty Land Cruiser, with its go-anywhere persona and its near-$90,000 price tag – is a parts bin special.

So why, you are asking, does this matter?

Here’s why: have you ever sat in a Range Rover? I mean, seriously. The thing is gorgeous. It’s beautiful. The interior is filled with perfectly woven leather and handsome electronics and a lot of other stuff you can’t afford and shouldn’t touch with your grimy little meathooks. It’s the perfect automotive accessory for the kind of person who pays $84 for a designer clothes hanger at the kind of designer furniture store where the salesperson sneers at you even if you buy something.

did you get a warranty - how long?

I got a 3yr warranty but i can bump it up to 5 if i pay a few extra quid. Not decided what to do yet, but we pick it up next weekend and will decide then.

you should bump it to 5 based on a few articles I read here - to avoid repair costs … they might actually hit in the 3 -5 mark a lot you know … as it is a range rover

looked at honda options last night. fairly boring in looks/performance but best reviews for reliability. Looking into the jeep renegade tn

I had Q5 a few years back, ended up hating it as it wasn’t a nice drive.

when are the kids due supyogov?