Investment Banking

I remember hearing from two women who did two year investment banking analyst stints that they regret going through with it even though it boosted their profile. Hours too intense, they felt like the work was too repetitive after a short period/and there was not much more to learn, etc.

step, what did you do before landing your current role?

Mr. Pink Wrote: > Additionally, a 10 in a CFA exam room is maybe a 8 > on most streets… depending on the street. I totally agree. I remember seeing chicks from my finance classes in college who I’d deem a 9 in class, but were later 7’s when I saw them later that night at the bar.

gongshowsgocheddar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > > > > Additionally, a 10 in a CFA exam room is maybe a > 8 > > on most streets… depending on the street. > > I totally agree. I remember seeing chicks from my > finance classes in college who I’d deem a 9 in > class, but were later 7’s when I saw them later > that night at the bar. “you could be a part time model”

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > steph96 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > 25-year-old attractive blonde female > > > > Pics or you’re an A-cup. > > > Ha! I’m okay with that. I remember watching > Singled Out on MTV when I was growing up and my > brother said that if he were a contestant, he’d > eliminate the big chested chicks, because they > were more likely to be overweight. Logical > argument. How do you explain the chicks who eliminated the big packaged dudes then, since package size ain’t correlated to weight.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Your brother sounds gay. > > Additionally, a 10 in a CFA exam room is maybe a 8 > on most streets… depending on the street. The scale was only 1- 10 for a CFA exam room, so you can’t infer that the 10 would be less on the street. If you took the hottest 10 on the street and put her in the exam room she would still be a 10, but if you take her out again she’s a 8 now? That is not logical sir

What REALISTIC qualities/characteristics make a 10 in your book?

I’ve heard that these banking teams sometimes hire one or two good looking women “for show”.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > steph96 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > steph96 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > 25-year-old attractive blonde female > > > > > > Pics or you’re an A-cup. > > > > > > Ha! I’m okay with that. I remember watching > > Singled Out on MTV when I was growing up and my > > brother said that if he were a contestant, he’d > > eliminate the big chested chicks, because they > > were more likely to be overweight. Logical > > argument. > > How do you explain the chicks who eliminated the > big packaged dudes then, since package size ain’t > correlated to weight. Perhaps they wanted to continue to have the ability to walk.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What REALISTIC qualities/characteristics make a 10 > in your book? I could write a leather-bound book on that.

nocareer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve heard that these banking teams sometimes hire > one or two good looking women “for show”. I’ve been on hiring committees that decided to make “strategic” hot female hires, it is not as much discriminatory as it is catering to what the clients want. Seriously, if I’m going out to dinner with a marketer I would prefer to spend 2 hours across the table from a large bre@sted 25 year old blonde than a 50 year old Italian guy with a Staten Island accent and an Irish pot belly.

That’s what I thought, too. I had a very good looking acquaintance back in b school who was hired into one of the top banking groups. When they did their IPO and produced a massive billboard display, she was prominently featured in the promotion even though she must have played a very minor role (@just 23 years old…)

Damn. And all this time, I actually thought I had a brain! Guess the joke is on me…

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damn. And all this time, I actually thought I had > a brain! Guess the joke is on me… What did you do before your current job?

In my first job when we had a photography crew come in to shoot pictures for our new website, they zeroed in on one Asian chick that had just graduated college and only been working with us for a month. She was wearing a tight skirt though so she made it onto the homepage.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Damn. And all this time, I actually thought I had > a brain! Guess the joke is on me… Maybe, idk, but you sound intelligent. If your a 10 or even if your only a 8 your probably way too hot for pretty much all the guys on this forum.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > steph96 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Damn. And all this time, I actually thought I > had > > a brain! Guess the joke is on me… > > Maybe, idk, but you sound intelligent. > > If your a 10 or even if your only a 8 your > probably way too hot for pretty much all the guys > on this forum. And the new world record for most spelling errors in one sentence goes to…

This is a good group. An unemployed dude, blonde ambition,a math nerd, and bipolar guy.

Hehheh this is why I come back everyday

1. I am moving to KC in two weeks so can get a better view…JK 2. Lots of hot women in my office and all are very smart. I can count 2 our of 5 just on my row and both are traders. Lots of good looking women in the energy trading field and most are not admin types. They are traders and other front office roles.