Sleepy Joe

It looks like the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) doesn’t apply to the Presidency, and Sleepy Joe may be pushed out of the door because the cat’s out of the bag and Americans have finally realized that he’s neurodivergent. The talk now seems to be about Parkinson’s because a Parkinson’s expert from Walter Reed (US military medical facility near DC) has visited the White House 9 (?) times in the last year, according to journalists who went through the visitor logs

If Sleepy Joe does get pushed out, it also looks like once again, a pre-eminently qualified black woman (the VP) is going to be passed over for the position she is next-in-line for.

If President Trump picks his friend Ben Carson as his running mate this time round (and I hope he does, because Dr Carson is one of the few I trust amongst the names that have been mentioned), I hope the GOP treat Dr Carson better than the Dems have treated VP Harris.

On July 8th, 2024, Joe Biden said: “we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye”
On July 13th, 2024, Donald Trump was shot in the head during a rally in Butler PA. He has survived.

The story about Trump being shot during an alleged attempt on his life may be fake news.
According to CNN (the most trusted name in news, no less), Trump fell over.
It looks like he cut his head when he fell?

Trump may have fallen because he was confused by loud noises in the crowd

Whoopi Goldberg spoke for America when she said “I don’t care if he’s pooped his pants”, but despite being the most popular president ever who got the most votes ever, Sleepy Joe has been pushed out by the Democrats.
Most of the Dems seem to have endorsed Kamala, save Obama.

Obviously, democracy itself is at stake, so we don’t need to follow all the arcane rules about the primary process.

Both sides have picked their running mate.
JD Vance (US Senator for Ohio) for Trump,
Tim Walz (Minnesota Governor) for Harris.
The Dems have wasted no time in attacking Vance for being `weird’

Elsewhere, right-wing fake news websites have alleged that in return for their support, the Clintons want an ambassadorship for Chelsea, and it needs to be a good one (like London or Paris).

Has the Deep State turned on Sleepy Joe?
Sleepy Joe’s DOJ is accusing Hunter (Sleepy Joe’s son) of having taken more than $3M from a Romanian oligarch who was being targeted by a Romanian prosecutor and wanted Sleepy Joe’s help. Tell the Romanians to call the dogs off. The sort of thing that Sleepy Joe boasted on video that he did for Burisma in Ukraine when by a weird coincidence Hunter happened to be on their board.
This is in the tax evasion case.
I’d note that Hunter has not to date been charged with FARA (Foreign Agents Registration Act) violations.

I’m not sure what the goal is here.
This is being done by Sleepy Joe’s DOJ, but I would advise the GOP to think long and hard before they jump on the bandwagon and try to impeach Sleepy Joe, if that’s even on the table. Look at the big picture. Sleepy Joe is a lame duck and Trump is running against Kamala not Sleepy Joe. At best, impeachment would be a distraction as you need to focus on Kamala not Sleepy Joe. At worst, it may boost Kamala’s presidential campaign by elevating her to the presidency ahead of November. Save your powder.

The Harris-Walz ticket has announced their eagerly awaited economic plan.
They are going to tackle inflation at its root cause: greedy corporations.
The campaign proposes the ``first-ever federal ban on price gouging on food and groceries — setting clear rules of the road to make clear that big corporations can’t unfairly exploit consumers to run up excessive corporate profits on food and groceries.‘’

I’m surprised no one has thought of this before, It seems so obvious.
screenshot1
Screenshot2

More about the Harris-Walz economic plan

RFK jr joins DJT in Arizona

President Reagan is said to have said that `The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally – not a 20 percent traitor.’

Thank you Bobby.
I never thought I’d see the day when a stadium full of tens of thousands of conservative republicans would give a standing ovation to a Kennedy.
The Art of The Deal, as it were.

Bobby Kennedy is suspending his campaign. His name will remain on the ballot in most states, but in about 10 battleground states where he feels that his presence would be a spoiler, he will remove his name.

In an address to the nation ahead of the Trump rally, Bobby Kennedy laid out his rationale for endorsing President Trump

Kennedy said that in a series of meetings with Trump and his team,
he realized he shared more in common with the former president than he thought.
He compared their potential partnership to President Lincoln’s famous “Team of Rivals,”
which saw him stock his Cabinet with former foes.

``In a series of long, intense discussions,
I was surprised to discover that we are aligned on many key issues.
In those meetings, he suggested that we join forces as a unity party.
We talked about Abraham Lincoln’s team of rivals.
That arrangement would allow us to disagree publicly and privately
and fiercely if need be on issues over which we differ
while working together on the existential issues upon which we are in concordance.

``I was a ferocious critic of many of the policies during his first administration,
and there are still issues and approaches upon which we continue
to have very serious differences.

``But we are aligned with each other on other key issues like ending the forever wars,
ending the childhood disease epidemics, securing the border, protecting freedom of speech,
unraveling the corporate capture of our regulatory agencies,
getting the US intelligence agencies out of the business of propagandizing and censoring
and surveilling Americans and interfering with our elections.

``Suspending my candidacy is a heartrending decision for me.
But I’m convinced that it’s the best hope or ending the Ukraine War
and ending the chronic disease epidemic that is eroding our nation’s vitality from the inside
and for finally protecting free speech.‘’

``I feel a moral obligation to use this opportunity to save millions of American children above all things.‘’

As Reagan is said to have said `The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally – not a 20 percent traitor.’

First Elon Musk. Now Bobby Kennedy.

Would you guys hire a CFA chaterholder who openly voted for Kamala?

1 Like

Musk and Bobby Kennedy have been joined by former Congresswoman Lt. Col. Tulsi Gabbard, who denounced the Democrats as an “elitist cabal of warmongers” when she left them.

This is an indication that the focus of Trump 2 will be the elimination of the Deep State, aka what Eisenhower termed the military-industrial complex.
Part and parcel of that will be to
\bullet end the forever wars, perpetual war for perpetual peace
\bullet end the weaponization of the justice system
\bullet end the surveillance state
\bullet end the war on free speech

These aren’t right vs left issues, but rather freedom vs authoritarianism, and we know from Trump 1 that the Deep State will not go gentle into that good night.
I’m reminded of long ago when Andrew Jackson slew the Bank.

What can we expect from the President of Joy

CNBC had a Kamala surrogate on Squawkbox this am (approx 7:30am Eastern, 29 Aug).
Joe Kernan was off today (as is Andrew), but Becky Quick asked about the plan to tax unrealized gains. Specifically what would happen if an asset went down in price. The surrogate really didn’t want to answer and gave a lot of evasive non-answers. Finally one of the stand-in co-hosts joked that Elon Musk would be getting billion dollar refund checks, to which the surrogate snapped, No, we’re not going to refund taxes that have already been paid

The far right fake news media has been suggesting that VP Harris was selected/appointed/anointed as the nominee rather than elected.
The British BBC has a great website which debunks that far right propaganda and explains how the US election process works,
US election 2024: A really simple guide to the presidential vote

Who are the candidates and how are they nominated?
The two main parties nominate a presidential candidate by holding a series of votes called
state primaries and caucuses,
where people choose who they want to lead the party in a general election.

In the Republican Party, former President Donald Trump won his party’s support
with a massive lead over his rivals.
He became the official Republican nominee at a party convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

For the Democrats, Vice-President Kamala Harris is closing in on the nomination.
She joined the race after President Joe Biden dropped out.

Ms Harris appears to have unassailable support within her party
and could be crowned at its convention in August, in Chicago.

Congratulations to VP Harris for winning enough of those state primaries and caucuses to seal the nomination despite having joined the race so late.

Alexa explains why you should vote for Kamela

it’s a twitter link with an embedded video.
If you ask Alexa why you should vote for Trump, Alexa says that she stays out of politics.
If you ask why you should vote for Harris, Alexa is happy to help

Foghorn Leghorn
Detroit on left, Pittsburgh on right.
Same day (Labor Day)

It looks like some of Kamala’s policies are very popular with Republicans.
Kamala has promised to spend hundreds of millions of dollars building a wall along the southern border if she wins the election.
That is supported by 2/3 of Americans (67%), 50% of Democrats, and a whopping 89% of Republicans.

More polling.
long ago, in 1988, Salman Rushdie published a book called The Satanic Verses, which some felt disrespected the Prophet Muhammed. As a result, in 1989, Ruhollah Khomeini, Supreme Leader of Iran, issued a fatwa ordering Muslims to kill Rushdie. Polling at the time indicated that 28% of British Muslims Want Rushdie Dead

Fast forward to 2024. Following (at least) two unsuccessful attempts to kill Trump, the exact same percentage of Democrats want Trump dead
28% of Democrats Want Trump Dead
Because he’s a threat to democracy.
In the article, the pollster notes that “It is hard to imagine a greater threat to democracy than expressing a desire to have your political opponent murdered.”

In related news, Democrats unveil their plan to reform the Supreme Court

Border Czar

from the mouths of babes